Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob4th

I'm thinking of redoing my system

I know this has probably been covered in other forums and I will be grateful for any links and advice that anyone could provide. I have two computers that I am thinking of linking up running FSX/P3D on one computer and weather/ATC/Other programs on the second. I can give specs on each machine if necessary. I'm also thinking of wiping each machine and putting a clean copy of WIN8 on each. Are there any guides published on the forum to help me with this project? Thanks.

Bob Jones

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For faster results to your query (or while you are waiting for someone to respond), do a search in the search box above right and search for 'multiple computers for fsx'. You'll get a lot of hits from across the flight sim community. For instance, here's one that I found - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/336825-running-fsx-across-2-computers/.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

My general advice is never to reinstall things, unless your PC is completely screwed up. People have a big obsession with reinstalling things but in reality It rarely fixes anything, and if you're not having problems then there's no reason to do it. If you want to do it just for Windows 8.1 then too I would discourage it. Windows 8.1 is known to have more problems with FSX then Windows 7, if you have Windows 7 and are experiencing no problems, just stay with it.