Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

A question about the Flight 1 B200, and Key Commands

Hi all,

I actually bought the F1 B200 at release, but took a refund due to some initial issues.

I want to re-purchase now that the product is more mature, but have one question, that I didn't get as far as discovering, the first time around;

The Flight 1 Mustang and T182 both have INI files that facilitate the use of Keyboard commands for the custom functions; things like the FL CH mode on the autopilot, for example, which doesn't have a standard FSX key assignment.

Does the F1 B200 have this function ?

Or if it doesn't have an INI, is there an alternative way of assigning custom keyboard commands (eg... FSUIPC Mouse Macros, LUA script, etc)  ?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi

I did not manage to get FSUIPC mouse macros to work with the F1 B200.
This is my main gripe with this bird, actually.
Nothing happens when you click a button/knob while recording macro.

But don't let that scare you away, it is absurdly good and engine management is 100 times more realistic than the Aeroworx B200 for FS9 (r.i.p)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Yes the B200 does in fact use the same type .ini file. Works great I might add.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Thanks guys - yes, I bought it again, and found the INI straight away.   :cool:

What a beauty! ....... loving this aircraft with the SP !!

It is a file called 'F1KingAirInput.ini' located in a folder in the main FSX 'Gauges' folder.

Here is the file path on my system :-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges\flight1_garminG1000_KingAir_AUX\F1KingAirInput

I so want to love this B200, but the frame rate hit is HUGE on my system.   18 FPS where I get 27 in the NGX. :( .... I know others have reported better frames in this than in the F1 Mustang, but on my system the B200 is absolutely hogging frames for some reason. :(

Ah, I've found the file, thank you. Can you tell me how to use it? I tried to bind keys of my joystick to things like COM1/NAV1 swap, engage reverse, etc, but I couldn't get it to work. :(

Shame that it's such a hog on your system. For me, it's been fine. Haven't been in real nasty weather yet, though, should that be different.

The INI isn't for hardware assignment, it's for keyboard assignment.  So you would enter keyboard commands in the list, (next to the chosen function).

Eg....

AP_AltSel_Small_Dec=7
AP_AltSel_Small_Inc=8

with these two assignments, I use the '7' and '8' key on my keyboard to turn the B200's Altitude Knob on the Autopilot (much easier than fiddly mouse dialling!).

You could then use FSUIPC to assign hardware (button) presses to the keyboard assignments that you set up in the INI file.