Sign in to follow this  
Rlambert93

Problem ILS approach

In the ngx the ILS approach was working fine I understand I need the ILS frequency for the runway and all that but really can't get it to function on the 777 and capture the glide scope for a automated landing. I know I annoyed a vatsim atc the other day because I couldn't get lined up and he got really annoyed about it which I do understand any help would be great. Like what buttons I should be pressing.

Rob

Hi Rlambert93

If you don't mind I would join your topic because I have similar issue pretty often. I also have weird issue. When LOC button is armed and 777 is approaching at an angle of about 30-50 degrees (depends on ATC vector), 777 captures LOC and soon after it makes almost 90 degrees turn and fly away from the final. There are times when the aircraft is about to intercept LOC and then she turns away from the final course and keep flying with no logic. It happens very often. I tried to disable all add-on software, just FSX an she still does it. All settings in FMC are normal. So such behavior usually happens on final.  

Thanks. 

In the ngx the ILS approach was working fine I understand I need the ILS frequency for the runway and all that but really can't get it to function on the 777 and capture the glide scope for a automated landing. I know I annoyed a vatsim atc the other day because I couldn't get lined up and he got really annoyed about it which I do understand any help would be great. Like what buttons I should be pressing.

Rob

Rob. Read this. I think we (may) have some part of the problem described I that topic. 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426322-5-flights-later-some-issues/

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Rob

If you have the ILS tuned correctly then there should be no problem. I find it works perfectly well. However make sure it is the correct ILS frequency, as expected by FSX. The frequency in the navdata is often not the same as the frequency FSX is using (FSX navdata is at least 7 years out of date).  So I always check on the FSX map to see what frequency FSX is expecting for the runway. If it's not the same as the frequency that has been automatically tuned by the FMC you should manually tune with the FSX frequency and inbound course (just enter the frequency and course into the CDU scratchpad and upselect it to the ILS). The format is:

NNNN.NN/CRS

Where NNN.NN is the ILS frequency and CRS is the inbound course.

ATC should not be vectoring you to capture the ILS at more than 30 degrees offset angle, the AP cannot be expected to cope well if they do. If things do go wrong you can always disconnect the AP and fly the approach yourself if visibility is good enough.

ki9cAAb.jpg

ATC should not be vectoring you to capture the ILS at more than 30 degrees offset angle, the AP cannot be expected to cope well if they do. If things do go wrong you can always disconnect the AP and fly the approach yourself if visibility is good enough.

I was about to say exactly that.  Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers