Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

FSUIPC4 Autosave + PMDG 777 causing VATSIM timeouts?

For several years I have had to suffer constant disconnects from VATSIM (both with Squawkbox4 and FSInn) during flights. These have apparently been caused by the situation saving processes of the combined PMDG and FSUIPC software.

I have now tried FSUIPC4 without Autosave at all, and managed a flight (ESSA-EGLL) without any disconnects.

Is there anything that can be done to the forthcoming PMDG 777 SP1 that will reduce the saving workloads and allow me to again specify a FSUIPC4 save at regular intervals?

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Externally, of course. I have been warned about starting it from within PMDG.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I had over the weekend flew the Overnighter 14 for British Airways Virtual from Heathrow to Incheon Seoul, i had during the flight approx 3-4 times when my screen just froze, nothing is happening there is sound however but the flight isnt progressing. Then is says not responding and then it comes back again and the flight continues. Off vourse flying for BAV they use Pgasus as their flight logger, and because of these "freezes" it kicked me off saying that i have exceeded something. I asked the guys at BAV and the very helpfull bunch came back and told me that its because of VATSIM disconnect and reconnect issues.

Now i never had these problems before, and i also activated FSUIPC Autosave function before the flight as i had a OOM on doing CTP Eastbound and was highly peeved that i couldnt continue.

So have any of you guys got a workaround yet?

I honestly suspect that your problems with this lie elsewhere on your systems. I've been using FSInn with FSUIPC autosaves every 5 minutes with PMDG products  (737 v1, 747, JS41, NGX, 777) for years and it's never ever kicked me off Vatsim nor indeed killed the flight in other ways. I wouldn't know where to start looking on your systems I'm afraid but I can promise you that there's nothing in this combination that automatically kills your flights or connections. I've not used SB for about 10 years though so can't speak for that.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

I have yet to get the time to try without FSUIPC4 Autosave on a flight. When I do I shall report.

Cheers, Richard