Sign in to follow this  
EGLD

Backing up Prepar3d

Hi

Having fallen foul of the license activation model of P3D2, and considering the amount of tinkering/uninstalls etc that may be required with the present state of 3rd party addon support, has anyone considered backing up their activated copies of P3D?

Are there any particular files that can be copied out and back in in the event a reinstall is required without having to rack up multiple activations on LM's servers?

thanks

Perform an uninstall...

Unless I am mistaken, a successful uninstall process for P3D v2 will contact their activation servers and "deactivate" your installation.  (*This is new in v2, as v1.4 did not do this).

Before you explode your computer with a whole new OS installation or any other sort of tinkering efforts, just go through the process of uninstalling Prepar3D first. You should be able to reactivate without any muss or fuss down the road.

-Greg

It's exactly like greggerm said.

I've done it this way several times the last days (tinkering around with several hdd/system configurations...). If you don't uninstall, you'll have to contact LM support. I had to, too, because I had a mechanical hdd failure. They answered very kindly in less than a day.

cheers guys, they sent me a nice email saying just that, uninstalling un-activates it so there shouldn't be any problems

I'm surprised backing up your applications for later restore would be considered hacking! sign of the times I guess, where customers suffer more than pirates, but I figured this would be a fairly common means of disaster protection

If I was running a business using this tool and not able to perform a disaster recovery myself, turning away paying customers while waiting for LM to repond I'd be a bit miffed!

Maybe they have other licensing models to cover that