Sign in to follow this  
STF-DIR

Assigning "Show B" function

Hello,

i have the VrINsight MCP v1 and want to know what to do with the "Show B" assignmendt?

I can eaysy assign somethin to the Show A Section of e.g. the MINS Knob. But how is the Show B

Section to handle and when is this Funktion called?

Do i miss any Switch or something?

I did also not found anything in the Manual?

Thanks

Matthias

i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram,RTX 3090TI,MSFS

You can assign special "show" funtions to it.

The rotaries have two Modes, A and B.

For each mode, you can have sth. showed in the displays. This, what you want to have been showed, is assigned to A or B.

Depends on programming, often there's no need to have a special show funtion assigned to it.

So, normaly, you don't need to change anything there

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

thanks for the answer.

I think i did not understand.

There are , under "Show A" 4 functions to assign and another 4 funxtions under "Show B".

So..can i use 8 functions with one Rotary?

How can i Switch from Show A to Show B?

I tried to assign a function under "Show B", but it is never called. So how can i Switch from Mode A to Mode B?

Thanks

MAtthias

no no no ... ;)

Example the MINS knob:

We have there 5 functions for the minimums normally:

"show" means what is given on the display

"+A" what happens if you dial clockwise

"++A" what happens if you dial faster clokcwise (Combo detects internal if you rotate faster)

Shouldn't now clear what means -A and --A ;)

Similar everything for "B"

Below there, you see normally the function what should happen, when you "PRESS" the button. And here you assign the special LINDA function "Knob Mode toggle"

This enables you, to assign two modes on one button, changing them by pressing the button.

Under "Show" you shouldn't assign anything except the function is called e.g. "minimus_show". If you assign Gear Up there, nothing will happen of course. That is only reserved for display function and these could be only modified by the maker of the module. And, as I said before, we changed coding a bit, so that the display function is normally already implemented in the button function.

So, at your side: "forget the Show!" ;)

You could/should assign to +/++A and -/--A.

Important: also if you use not a dial funtion, which has no "fast" option, you have to assign all 4 assignments, e.g. GPS PAGE inc must be on +A and ++A. Otherwise if you dial the knob a bit faster, nothing will happen.

If you want to use two modes on one knob, you have to (!) assign "KNOB MODE Toggle" to "Press" and assign the B-side!

Hope it is clear now!?

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Hello,

ahhhh..now the light is on :-)

Thanks a very lot for explaining the function...

Thats now clear .. thanks

Matthias