Sign in to follow this  
bjratchf

Did I delete my FSX files by accident?

I was trying to install FSINN this evening, and it kept creating a folder "Microsoft Flight Simulator" next to my Microsoft Flight Simulator "X" folder and threw me several errors. I kept deleting this folder, but one of the times I mistakenly pressed "delete" with my real FSX folder.

Fortunately, it was "too big for the recycle bin" and I got one last chance to press cancel when asked when I wanted to delete it permanently. I pressed cancel. Does anyone know if any files were deleted inadvertantly from my screwup, even if I pressed cancel (i.e. was the delete operation already taking place before I pressed cancel)?

Everything seems to be running fine in FSX so far... (I wish we had an FSX folder validation tool so that we could check the file status of "everything default" and see which files are missing, and/or have been modified) 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

No your fine. i wonder why fsinn is creating a non fsx path? did you rename your fsx?

ZORAN

Somehow the registry path changed, so I used Flight1's registry fix to solve that. Very strange. 

Thanks for your reassurance, I was dreading having to do a reinstall!

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity