Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BMagann

Drzewiecki Design - New York City X

I bought this over the Black Friday shopping frenzy, and I have installed it in both FSX and P3D. I am having a few issues with the FSX edition.

First, all of the bridges seem to be missing. The lights are still there, they are just sitting in the air.

Second, there are no new buildings north of the center of Central Park. Is that normal?

If anyone else has heard of these problems, let me know. I have deleted and erased several times, so it isn't a single bad install issue.

Thanks,

Bill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

best advice when purchasing something like that, poke around the forums.

I know when I first saw it,I said"WOW", then I asked a lot of questions and found out its a frame killer, I said to myself here we go again, tweeking.

I own the Aerosoft version of NYC, and that's not much better as well, eats frames.

Did they ever come out with a patch for some of the issues reported ???

I have both, but since I live 20 miles north of NYC that isn't sooo crazy lol. The frame rate is actually pretty good, but it just doesn't seem to be all of Manhattan, only the southern half, and the bridges are missing. It would be really cool if it was all working...

Another thing about it is it is really not good if you are using a three monitor setup like I do. You can see too many of the unrendered buildings while you fly, vs the narrower view you get with a single monitor.

I get pretty good frames on the Aerosoft too, depending on which aircraft I fly. It really rocks with the stunt plane.