Sign in to follow this  
Piotr007

MD-11 autobrake / braking problem after landing

Hi,

I also love this plane, though it is a few years old.

I last flew a nice approach at EDDF with the freighter -version during a grey cloudy weather condition in the afternoon, making the approach spectacular!

But there are some probs with the MD-11 as with the 747. 747 has S-turns problems because of FSUIPC, the MD-11 on the other hand has problems with the autobrake after landing

that does not disengage although I disarmed it.

For the 747, I know how to tweak FSUIPC, but for the MD-11 I cannot find a way to get rid of this hickup.

So when I land, the autobrake engages, makes me come to a complete stop. Then I have to set the Parking Brake, then press brake to disengage, and when I start taxiing to

the gate/cargo Ramp, the airplane suddenly does not brake anymore - (not even with keybord commands). Someone said to delete FSUIPC.ini. But it is obvious that this will come up again.

Does anybody know how to overcome this braking problem ? Possibly/ highly likely caused by FSUIPC? I did not even changed my controls in FSUIPC, I do not even use it.

Thanks in advance, I really adore this airplane > just as the DC-10, as I hope some professional developer will make one someday!

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Hi Peter,

I had a similar issue and I read that while the aircraft is rolling out under autobrake and slowing, just before it gets to 60kts, hit your brakes manually and release, this will allow you control of the stop and also give you full brakes for taxying.

Hope this helps,

Mick.

Hi Peter,

I had a similar issue and I read that while the aircraft is rolling out under autobrake and slowing, just before it gets to 60kts, hit your brakes manually and release, this will allow you control of the stop and also give you full brakes for taxying.

Hope this helps,

Mick.

Thank you Mick!

I will test this asap!

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Here is what I do:

Landing: touch down Full reverse.

Z twice to disengage the auto pilot.

At 60 knots press the trigger twice on my joystick to put the brakes on manual,it works fine for me.

All the best.

AlainV

Here is what I do:

Landing: touch down Full reverse.

Z twice to disengage the auto pilot.

At 60 knots press the trigger twice on my joystick to put the brakes on manual,it works fine for me.

All the best.

AlainV

Even if I do not feel this like a major issue about my beloved MD11F and I simply brake it manually, I will try Alain solution. Thanks for sharing.

Roberto

sig_concordeX.jpg

vafs_status.php?cs=AFR2202&w=1&clr=11,95