Sign in to follow this  
gfd

New FSUIPC Controls

Greetings

I am working with the Boeing MCP Combo II I just bought. As a test, I set up the default FSX Cessna 172. First of all, I am impressed with the unit. Secondly, I must say the LINDA interface is the icing on the cake.

I set up auto pilot controls. The problem is, when I change the altitude, vs, etc quickly; the combo changes, but the ap panel in the sim lags behind. I looked, but could not find an entry in either the default FSX library or FSX controls for a command to inc/dec the values fast. This exists for other aircraft.

I started digging and found that Pete Dowson had added a number of new controls in FSUIPC 4. They are 4 digit controls (1000-3000). Voila....one of them was 1017 - Ap Alt Var Inc Fast (+1000). Just what I'm looking for. How do I go about adding this control to the profile I've setup for the default Cessna?

Perhaps I am answering my own question, but I noticed that the standard FSX control has a ':' at the end followed by a 0. Is it possible this is a parameter to to increase the turn rate of the knob?

As an alternative, I noticed that the A2A Cessna has an entry for fast inc/dec of ap values. Can I reference that control in the default Cessna?

Thanks for reading this. Thanks for your help.

Graham

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Graham,

LINDA has indeed fast rotation functions for the default planes: HDG plus, HDG plusfast, ALT plus, ALT plusfast and so on.

Make sure you assign the functions to +A (normal) AND ++A (fast), otherwise you could get sth. what you mabe then call a lag...

I'm going to get a new pair of glasses! Sorry to bother you with such a trivial issue. Thanks for all of your support.

Graham