Sign in to follow this  
SMITI07

NGX ETOPS ETP

Im doing a flight from Reunion to Chennai. Its an Etops flight and has been planned on PFPX.

Now Ive done some research of past threads but have not seemed to have found the answer of how to put the ETP in the FMC based on the data provided from PFPX.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a59/fmc-custom-waypoint-entry-notes.aspx

I read this guide, But when I followed the long form entry for the coordinates it said invalid entry. I tried to place them into the legs page as requested. 

The coordinates I am trying to enter based on my PFPX flightplan is S0907.8 E06713.1

Following the guide I should be able to enter this as S09078E067131  But thats when I get the invalid entry. Anyone know how to do this?

Yes I am using that tutorial as well. And it directs me to enter the ETP in shorthand. So my coordinate above is S09E067 However this is not as precise as the longhand entry so the flightplan doglegs slightly to the left. My plan if I cant find the answer to the question by the time I reach the ETP is to just do a direct with abeam points. 

I'm just entering the ETOPS area as I speak so I might not find the answer in time haha.

Instead of putting it in the legs, how about putting it in NAV DATA as a WAYPOINT?

Matt Cee

Following the guide I should be able to enter this as S09078E067131 But thats when I get the invalid entry. Anyone know how to do this?

Granted, this is the NGX and I did this last night with the 777, but the format for a Boeing should be the same.

If you go to the INIT REF - POSITION page, take a look at the coordinates there.  You will find:

[C]DDMM.dm[C]DDDMM.dm

Where D is degrees, M is minutes, dm is decimal minutes, and C is cardinal direction.

As such, you should be entering:

S0907.8E06713.1

Kyle Rodgers

S09E067 However this is not as precise as the longhand entry so the flightplan doglegs slightly to the left.
Yeah, that's not good.

At my airline, we enter the CP, EEP and EXP in the NAV DATA as a WPT and then display WPTs on the route to make certain they are on the router, but not a leg.

Matt Cee