Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

FS9 Startup problems

Hello All

Having problems that I thought i had seen the last of years ago.

Can start the sim , and load any default aircraft with no problems. But any other third party aircraft ie poskies. PA Airbuses etc etc etc wil not load ,the sim crashes, then re starts with GAU error messages, mainly with reference to the Lee Hetherington TCAS gau or Callout GAU.

I am have suffered this sort of thing before ,but can't remeber how I sorted it out.

Have tried a backup of gauges folder (no joy)

Have tried deleting and rein FS9 cfg (no joy)

No joy all round in fact.

Sim was fine the other day ,now no longer works.

I HAVE been having trouble with SYCHOST.exe, this thing consuming 100 percent of CPU  resources. I believe this has something to do with windows update .Its the only thing that has been been causing trouble over the last few days. Whether this process has something to do with my present woes concerning FS9 ,i have no idea.

I thought I had seen the back of these sort of nasty CTD type problems years ago. Sim has run trouble free for ages now.

Anyways !! any ideas gratefully appreceated.

cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Perhaps this will fix the problem - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/269151-tcas-lee-hetherington-problem-v125/

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks very much for replying chaps.

Last night I retired to bed at nearly midnight ,with the sim not starting ,system running slow, ,sychost.exe troubles etc etc etc etc. Before i finally admitted defeat I did one more thing ,I disabled automatic updates ,not from the menu page ,but by opening the services page and disabling it from there.

Now whether the sychost was responsible for my current troubles or not I don't know ,but I have just got in ,started up my PC and was girding up my  loins in preparation for another day of frustration ,rage ,gloom (all the stuff that effects simmers with acute lack of flying withdrawal symptoms)   .I had prepared a number of strategies that i was going to try to get the sim running again.,Before i started on these attempted solutions ,I just thought i would start the sim anyway and see what occurred.

Guess what ?and don't ask me why,The sim  started ,but more importantly it loaded a vistaliners Boeing (with the gauges that have been causing the trouble ,and ctd ) I tried a Posky (also with the LHetherington TCAS gauge ,and other third party gauges ,and this ALSO loaded with no error messages or ctd.

FS9 Is great ,but drives me MAD sometimes.

My dilemma is the sim seems to running OK ,and I am now a bit scared of closing IT or shutting down the PC in case the problems re-occur .

aggjhhh! SIMMING.

It might well be the death of me.

Again thanks. 

I just have this horrible feeling that this may not be the last you hear from me on this topic.

cheers Andy

I just have this horrible feeling that this may not be the last you hear from me on this topic.

cheers Andy

If it isn't, then check post #8 by Delta in the link I posted above, for another possible solution.

It rather looks as if it might become a fairly common problem when updating XP SP3.

Colin B

If it isn't, then check post #8 by Delta in the link I posted above, for another possible solution.

It rather looks as if it might become a fairly common problem when updating XP SP3.

Colin B

Thanks Colin.

I have had a look at those threads ,and the problems discussed there are exactly what I have been experiencing. As an aside I had very similar issues with 'system interupts' some months ago ,and spent many happy hours watching Process Explorer showing and telling me that I did indeed have horrid issues with system interupts but not really helping this not so savvy techno bot how to fix the dammed thing. The symptoms of SIs were very similar to the Sychost thing I.e a very slow running PC with CPU being almost completly hogged by both problems.

Anyways the SIs problem was the result of a dying GCard and vanished completly on the fitting of a new one.

As to my present Sychost troubles, since I disabled automatic updates through the 'services ' page ,some sought of miricle seems to have occurred and I have had no further FS9 ctd issues or gau error messages at all. The whole episode I can only put into the catagory of 'mysterious things that PCs and particularly FSim do from time to time.

Cheers to all who helped with this issue.

Another line added to an ageing brow.

But flying again which is JOLLY GOOD indeed.

Andy

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem with fs9 startup.... From a week I'm unable to reach the fs9 menu. I don't have to report an abnormal cpu usage of some exe. In any case, could you explain me, step by step, what to do for disabling the updates in the services page? (I.e. Where could I find this page)

Thanks

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem with fs9 startup.... From a week I'm unable to reach the fs9 menu. I don't have to report an abnormal cpu usage of some exe. In any case, could you explain me, step by step, what to do for disabling the updates in the services page? (I.e. Where could I find this page)

Thanks

Hello

You don't say what operating system you are using. Even if that is XP (which I use) the possible problems with FS9 or X are unfortunately many and varied and the startup issues you have may need a completely different solution to my own.I am not that tech savvy, and what worked for me may not work for you .I don't want to cause you further problems by giving you incorrect information.

If you could explain in more detail exactly the sort of problem you are having, maybe someone in these forums more technically savvy than myself will help you out.

Cheers Andrew

Hi Andrew,

You are perfectly right. My operative system is XP SP3 on a E8400. I only have this problem with Fs9. I also have installed on my machine fsx, but I never use it for poor perfomance. These days I attempted to clarify if the startup problem I have on fs9 was also present in fsx...Fsx start but it is slower (!!) than usual and really easy to crash. This is the reason that is conducting me to look for something external to the fs world.

But...is it my fault? I think so. Few evening ago I was outside me and in the attempt to improve my sim (fs9), I was trying to play wiyh some parameters in the graphic compartment (i.e. Mip maps, filter, AA) but nothing it is impossible to restore by deleting eventually the fs9.cfg.... But I did more. I used, probably uncorrectly, the Dxt3fixer. I used it in the past without problems. This time I'm not able any more to load my sim. And I read the cospicuous thread about this excellent utility don't finding any user with this problem.

I tried to delete the fs9.cfg. I tried to restore a previous backup of my system. I tried to repair the registry with the fligth1 utility. I don't know what else I can do.

Suggestions are more than welcome...

Ps: sorry for the quality of my english

Hi Andrew,

You are perfectly right. My operative system is XP SP3 on a E8400. I only have this problem with Fs9. I also have installed on my machine fsx, but I never use it for poor perfomance. These days I attempted to clarify if the startup problem I have on fs9 was also present in fsx...Fsx start but it is slower (!!) than usual and really easy to crash. This is the reason that is conducting me to look for something external to the fs world.

But...is it my fault? I think so. Few evening ago I was outside me and in the attempt to improve my sim (fs9), I was trying to play wiyh some parameters in the graphic compartment (i.e. Mip maps, filter, AA) but nothing it is impossible to restore by deleting eventually the fs9.cfg.... But I did more. I used, probably uncorrectly, the Dxt3fixer. I used it in the past without problems. This time I'm not able any more to load my sim. And I read the cospicuous thread about this excellent utility don't finding any user with this problem.

I tried to delete the fs9.cfg. I tried to restore a previous backup of my system. I tried to repair the registry with the fligth1 utility. I don't know what else I can do.

Suggestions are more than welcome...

Ps: sorry for the quality of my english

Hello Fra

The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to go to the AVSIM forum homepage. On that page you should see 'Hot spots' scroll down and you should see "Fs9, Fsx and Prepar3d CTD guide.

I know yours is not really a ctd problem, but you may find some help.

If anybody else wants to try and help Fra out then that's fine with me. My own problem and subject of this thread has been resolved so no need to have 'highjacking' concerns.

Cheers Andrew

PS No need to apologize for your English .I can well understand the trouble your having