Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

Overclock and windows install

Hi I purchased a overclocked motherboard bundle with other components to build a new PC. The build is finished and just going to install windows 7,I have read that you shouldn't install windows os with your system already overclocked as you might get errors due to instability,the company I purchased from said they tested the system for 24hrs for stability and it passed all the tests I don't know how to overclock the cpu that's why I got them to do it.has any one installed the os with a overclock and not had any problems as this seems all that I can do other than resetting the bios and just running the cpu at factory setting I wouldn't like to mess about with the settings myself.

My system i5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 asus z87-k mobo evga 770 gpu be quiet darkrock adv cooler corsair 750w gold psu

Any advice thank you,jim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It won't hurt anything to try it...more than likely it'll install OK if the system has indeed been successfully burn-tested.  But if you install it and FSX and things turn out flakey, you'll not be able to count on the OS install as an error-free foundation for your build...at that point you'd have to figure out how to downclock it and reinstall.

Regards