Sign in to follow this  
Arwen

Mixture & Prop Issues with Controller Axis Assignments

First of all, I'm using the Saitek X52 Flight Control System, so perhaps this is a Saitek only bug. So it would be nice if any others could check this on their systems.

When I assign the mixture and propeller controls to two of my Saitek axis, neither one gives a full range of adjustments. Instead I am limited to 19 to 81% (instead of 0 to 100%).

I have tried different axis assignments, with the exact same results, and have even tried to calibrate my controllers, without seeing any improvement. I haven't tested this with all the default aircraft, but I fly the Bonanza the most, and this is very consistent (the range is ALWAYS exactly 19 to 81%). The only way I can go above the 81% prop is by using CTRL-F4 or CTRL-F3; and the only way I can go below 19% prop is by using CTRL-F1 or CTRL-F2. [The same is true with the mixture, but with the CTRL-Shift-F1-4 keys.]

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You may want to try to re-calibrate through the Devices and Printer options, and not through the simulator. I have had this issue in the past as well with my CH products. I believe it is a problem within Windows it's self and not even the flight sims. I've had to go through the Device and Printer option of Windows with the simulator not running and do a calibration again. I have a registered version of FSUIPC so I usually also have to reset my controller range settings in there as well after doing the re-calibration. This problem with Windows and controllers was one of the main reasons I purchased a registration key for FSUIPC years ago, it does a wonderful job of fixing these issues when Windows decides to act up in this department.

Thanks, but I have tried that as well.

I just went back into the sim and finally discovered under the Controllers, Calibration tab, that if I change the default sensitivity from 64 to 127 (max), for both Propeller axis and Mixture axis, that now have full range!  I had not previously touched these settings, so is 64 actually the default setting?  If so, are others seeing these results as well?

I have Saitek X52 Pro.

After I figured out that I had to invert the mixture and prop controls I noticed that I couldn't cut the engine of the Extra by cutting the mixture.

I just checked and my mixture and prop controls only go from 19 to 81% too. But my sensitivity settings were 80 (not 64). Setting them 127 I can get the range from 1 to 99%. But it takes a bit of mousing over the prop and mixture controls to get the full range of 0 - 100%

For me it doesn't work. I have both the Saitek throttle quadrant and the combat pedals. The axis assignment is just fine. What happens is that when I go in P3D into the axis calibration then when I select the throttle quadrant, I get the sliders for the pedals (left break, right break, and rudder). When I select the pedals, then I get no sliders. I tried and found that if I use the calibration sliders when I select the quadrant, then in fact it does control the pedals, and so it is not only the labeling.

So in fact I cannot even go to the throttle quadrant calibration.