Sign in to follow this  
alcanallen

ATC Name Designations

:rolleyes: Here`s one for the 'fundies',the ATC have 'Heavy' for large Aircraft but now 'Super' is the designation for the A380 Airbus can this be integrated into FS9?  :blush:​ 

Looking at Edit Voicepack, my guess is no. The way the simulator works is it checks the aircraft.cfg to see if the aircraft is a heavy by means of the atc_heavy line. If it reads atc_heavy=1, it throws in heavy, and if it reads atc_heavy=0, it won't.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

No, it isn't possible to do this realistically within the limits of FS2004 for the reasons AirKevin says above. The call is given as "SINGAPORE 1234 SUPER" just as "SPRINGBOK 5678 HEAVY" so there is no scope to expand there.

However, if you could put up with "SINGAPORE SUPER 1234" this could be made be creating a fake callsign of "SINGAPORE SUPER" and so on, which could just be applied to the relevant aircraft.

To be honest I don't rate it as a big deal as it is even rarer to hear the "SUPER" used outside the USA than HEAVY but those who fly their simulator in the USA a lot probably feel differently.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Thanks guys i watched a video on u tube of the first Lufthansa "super' landing at San Francisco and thought it would be great to have BA,Lufthansa s etc flying Supers around the globe and when ATC announced we would know who was who in the zoo.

Thanks again.