Sign in to follow this  
ESGG

FSX don't installs in the folder I chose

Hi!

Just bought a new computer and is trying to install the FSX (Gold) in Windows 8.1. I have tried to install in a new folder directly under C: as many recommend but only the fonts get there, the other folders will be spread all over in the Program Files folder and Program Files (X86) instead.  Even tried once the default recommendations from the DVD, but the same there, only the fonts get in to the Program Files (X86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X. The rest is spread all overt the Program Files (X86) folder.

I have administrators permissions but there is actually no chance to "Install as an administrator" when I start the install-program from the DVD, or do I miss something?

A step by step advise from anyone who have been able to install successfully would be very helpful!

Regards

Johnny

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Even tried once the default recommendations from the DVD, but the same there, only the fonts get in to the Program Files (X86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X. The rest is spread all overt the Program Files (X86) folder.

The following guide might help - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx.  All of FSX is not installed in one folder.  It is spread around in several folders and that is normal.

Best regards,

If you are not using the default location and wish to install to a custom folder, the best way is to first create that folder.

For example make a new folder on your C drive and name it FSX.

Then, when installing FSX, select the custom installation option and direct it to C:\FSX.

All the files will then be within that folder except the ones required in Users, program files and appdata.

Thks, I had to reset my Windows 8 to get it cleaned up and then tried again and now have it in its folder directly under C:. When running FSX in Windows 8 it seems to be very sensitive. After almost every add-on you installs it wont't start if you not load it one time first with the default Trike. Have been taking me a couple of days to have it all installed and up and running. Was actually buying the new computer mostly to be able to rund P3D V2 (the DX11 thing) but want to find out how FSX works also.