Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Split from the original FF 757 Topic...

I guess I am on a island here, I don't think any current jet is CLOSE to PMDG accuracy. I think we will see PMDG quality in a jet when the IXEG 737 is released

You're not... there's at least one more guy there - me :-)!!!!

Nothing ( that I own, and that includes FF 777, NEO A320 and Peter's A380 only ) in X-Plane comes close to the best add-ons for FSX in terms of depth of systems simulation and overall complexity put into models like those by PMDG, Majestic or even A2A and Aerosoft.

I believe the iXEG 737 can really revert this scenario.

I still hope that 10.30 will also help to bring X-Plane 10 more on pair with the overall coverage that FSX and P3D provide for Civil Flight Simulation, which, IMO, is still ahead of X-Plane's offer.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yes, price tag is another "feature" that repesents, IMO, quite a huge shift of realities between X-Plane's and MSFS / P3d worlds...

While we can have a LOT of goodies for X-Plane for free, a bit like in the old fs2002 and 2004 days... and some freeware / donationware offers really help bringing X-Plane10 almost on pair or even better in some aspects than MSFS ( scenery wise, for instance ) the truth is that, for the same price tag payware is IMO way behind what is offered for FSX / P3D.

I have payed for some X-Plane add-ons what I would probably never have payed for a similar product for FSX, taking into consideration what is really being offered!

This results probably from the much smaller market for X-Plane 10, and the investment without huge income that most 3pds have to make, and I hope that the future brings more users to our camp, because appart from that being good in all aspects that come to my mind, it certainly WILL help ( so I hope ) prices being brought down to acceptable / comparable levels for what is offered.

There are exceptions though, like, for instance, the aircrafts by Felis, like the SUPERB An-24 that sells for $30,00 and is certainly one of the more detailled and complex aircraft available for X-Plane 10, or even the NEO A320, although IMO it is inferior in terms of overall quality / complexity.

I have quited buying for X-plane, and MSFS. I have both platforms full of the best add-ons I wanted to have. There are a few more, like the Saab 340 for X-Plane, but I am waiting for 10.30 and really want to see what it will represent. At the same time I am on hold for P3Dv2, waiting for the first patch and announcements for the future of that platform.

Meanwhile, I have already more than I can effectively / practically use on both platforms...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Agree with you and jcomm. Although I do not own XP, I monitor closely what's going on, and I must say IXEG 737 is the first XP aircraft impresses me.

In the year as an XPX user I have spent a lot of money for add on planes. I know we have some converts here so I'd like to share my opinion.

Peter's aircraft: I own the complete A320 package and the A380. The A320 is the best A320 simulation I ever had. And I had a lot in many sims. Not much system depth but it handles perfect. Same about the A380 but it does not work when coming out of time compression. It is not useable for me. I like to fly realistic routes and don't want to operatw my PC for 10+ hours.

A320 NEO: Nice eye candy but bad flight model. New version, new bugs.

B787 Dreamliner: Payware offering freware features.

B777: Nice solid plane. Don't use it much because I hate to be forced performing a cold and dark start. Most of the time I like to spend flights of 1-2 hours.

B727: My best airliner. Wonderful modelled systems and a pleasure to fly.

Mitsubishi Mu2: High quality add on, worth every penny. Same goes for the Jestream by X Aviation. Like their Saab 340 too, but still have to learn a lot.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

The system accuracy in the SAAB is excellent from the small amount of testing I did but I am not convinced on the slip indicator and rudder input seems to have very little impact on the plane, I have never flown anything near the size of a SAAB but I can slam the rudder to the stops and the slip indicator hardly goes off center.

First off, I know nothing about the modeling of the SAAB, or the inflight characteristics of the real one either.

But.........there is a big difference between what we might do with our desktop rudder pedals, and the rudder in the real plane. In real life cruise flight, there is a tremendous force on the rudder, that you'll feel when you push the rudder pedals. Much more, than what you'll sense with ailerons. You won't be slamming rudder, because your mind and body will sense that it my just rip from the aircraft. And in RL, it very well could!

Of course with a desktop simulation, there is nothing to prevent you from slamming the pedals, unless the sim is programmed "not" to allow it. Perhaps the SAAB is programmed this way. I don't know. I know that I wouldn't allow full deflection in the simulated plane, just for "what ifs". On the other hand, I don't even know the airspeeds, that you're deflecting the full rudder at.

Still waiting for good ATC and Ai before I buy Xplane.

How long will I have to wait ?

Still waiting for good ATC and Ai before I buy Xplane.

How long will I have to wait ?

I hope that not too long, and still during X-Plane 10 cycle. Just as many of us, I look fwd for 10.30 and future releases. I believe LR will have to create some hooks first.

While I can understand Austin's dream of keeping AI aircraft flying by the same complex FDE that we use to fly our models, this places, I believe, a very significative stress on the simulation, and to reach the level AI programs have reached in MSFS there should really be an alternative....

Then, the AFCAD counterpart of X-Plane 10 depends strongly on  those airports we have, and on the initiative by those who add them to X-plane's database, or as add-on airports, to create the taxi and air routes... Only after that can we expect to have an acceptable AI coverage.

A good add-on that could automatically take care of it, appart from the one already available, or a new, more fully featured, version of the only AI program presently available for X-plane 10 are really needed...

Main Simulation Rig:

First off, I know nothing about the modeling of the SAAB, or the inflight characteristics of the real one either.

But.........there is a big difference between what we might do with our desktop rudder pedals, and the rudder in the real plane. In real life cruise flight, there is a tremendous force on the rudder, that you'll feel when you push the rudder pedals. Much more, than what you'll sense with ailerons. You won't be slamming rudder, because your mind and body will sense that it my just rip from the aircraft. And in RL, it very well could!

Of course with a desktop simulation, there is nothing to prevent you from slamming the pedals, unless the sim is programmed "not" to allow it. Perhaps the SAAB is programmed this way. I don't know. I know that I wouldn't allow full deflection in the simulated plane, just for "what ifs". On the other hand, I don't even know the airspeeds, that you're deflecting the full rudder at.

I agree Larry. Nobody would ever slam the rudder to the stops in real life in any plane at cruise let alone a plane the size of a SAAB.. You don't want to end up like that AA airbus years ago :(   I was playing around with the rudder because I find it odd that I need just about no rudder even at high power and it's never out of trim, maybe that is what a SAAB flies like  :unsure:

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB