Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Can't change my account password.

I noticed this when trying to log into the forums on my phone and couldn't.  When I got back to my desktop I thought I'd change my password to something I'd better remember.  I found once logging off I could no longer log on.  So I went through the process of requesting a new password which worked.  When I tried to change the password to something other than the long version that was sent to me the system would not let me do it.  I kept getting either 'All fields weren't filled out' or 'Wrong original password entered'.  First off the only fields that should be filled in is the password fields not the 'Change Email' fields.  Second my old password that I forgot need not apply as my new one sent by Avsim need apply in the 'Old Password' field.  

So I don't know what's going on and maybe this is something that needs to be looked at but changing passwords seems to be broken from what I can see.  You can request a default password but changing it after you received that password is impossible from what I can tell.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can look into this.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

This has nothing to do with the forums.  If you are still having problems changing your password, use our contact system and I'll see if I can change it for you.  Unfortunately I cannot test the system and we have not received any other complaints about changing the password. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

When you logon to AVSIM and enter your username, you have the opportunity to click on Forgot Password and a new password will be sent to you to your registered e-mail address.  The most common problem members have after that is that they are suppose to start the whole process over again (i.e. type in your username again).  Many just wait for that password to arrive in the e-mail then they copy and paste it in the password box and the sign in does not work.  This system requires you to start the process all over again.  This is explained in the e-mail that has the new password.

Once logged into AVSIM, you can change your e-mail and password any time by clicking on your Display Name in the upper right hand corner and selecting "My Settings".  Once open, look in the left column for Password & E-Mail.

Hope this helps.

Best regards, 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I cannot sign in, I have used the latest log in details delivered to me by e mail. I have attempted to re apply for an update on my log in info (using the forgotten password) but I am been informed that my mail address is not recognised. Can you plebes look into this so I can log in again. My mail address in "colinwilloughby (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk" due to the fact that I cannot log in I cannot follow this topic.

Edited by FloG
Don't post your email adress publicly

I cannot sign in, I have used the latest log in details delivered to me by e mail.

How did you post this if you cannot login?  You cannot submit a post unless you are logged in.  Based on your registration, the e-mail address shown above is the e-mail address we have on file.

Submit News to AVSIM

The key word I think here is  the account,  to sign in your account is a different password and sign in to your forum  sign in

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thank you pete you are correct. It is the account I cannot access. Having not logged into avsim for some time, I was using what I believed to be access information common to any of the avsim sites. The question for me now is how do I access my account. The only connection I have is my old mail with the validation info which I cannot access because I am being told "they cannot find member account or I'd " when login in using the info sent within the mail.

No worries  thought you were trying to get into your account what happens when you click the retrieve pass word option under forgot password option, you havnt changed ip  at all or  changed anything in the mean time. have you tried  to create  a new login details  with your new info etc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I am totally confused with this whole discussion. Colin, you just made a post. You cannot do this unless you sign into the AVSIM Forums (a separate account is required for access to our Library). I see you are signed in right now and looking at this topic. You cannot have duplicate or multiple forum accounts. If you use the forgot password option, a new password will be sent immediately to your registered e-mail address. Many members have difficulties doing this as they login with their username, click on forgot password, and wait a few seconds for the new password to arrive. Once it arrives, they copy the new password and paste it into the password box and click okay. The logon is unsuccessful. It was unsuccessful as you must start the whole logon process all over again once you get a password. This is all explained in the e-mail that we send you with your new password. I explained this in post #4 above too.

I'm confused as you are logged on. There is no different password required to sign into your account (there is one if you want to sign into your Library account as that requires a separate username/password. Once you logon to the AVSIM Forums you can go into your Profile/My Settings and change anything you want to change. You also have access to all of the forums and the front page of AVSIM. If you have any problems, contact me at Forum at AVSIM dot com.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM