Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jabloomf1230

EVGA Displayport Hub announced

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

with my GTX 670, I have three 24" and a 19" monitor

If I get this would I be able to have my surround 3 x 24" + using the 4th out (DP) get another 3 with this hub?

So basically could I do 3 X 24" (surround) + 3 X 20" (3 individual outs)?

Other than the link to the EVGA forum that I posted, there isn't much in the way of details about the hub so far. I suggest that you might want to follow that EVGA forum thread and if your question isn't addressed by someone, you could post there. There are certainly a few posts already speculating about 3+monitors. My personal view is a GTX 670 will only drive 3 simultaneous monitors, as one of the outputs (of the two DVI, one HDMI and one DP) is locked. So maybe 5 would be the maximum with one GTX 670 and a DP hub. I didn't see anywhere what the price of this unit is either. That also might be a consideration.

Other than the link to the EVGA forum that I posted, there isn't much in the way of details about the hub so far.

I noticed someone had answered the question. They said no more than 4 monitors in total.. And the DP hub cannot  be used for surround (like we could with Matrox).

They have given resolutions for the DP hub...thats about it. 

Then they say you can have three different monitors with its own resolution and then they do not have to be the same... yet you will not see them as  three monitors in Windows.. Now how does that work? HA HA.

So its as clear as mud as to  what value this adds to 6xx or 7xx cards. Maybe for folks with an older card that has no more than 2 video out?

I already have srround 3 X 24" and I have one additional free port (4th). If I could split that into three and use it for G530 and an FMS and a 19" touch screen for other purpose then it would be awesome. :)

Or it maybe something useful for Laptop users who could now have 4 monitors.

"2)  The Display Port Hub cannot grant additional monitors per card.  A GTX 780 Ti, for example, can run a maximum of 4 monitors.  With the Hub, you can still only run up to 4 monitors, not 6.  The Hub is simply an easier way to port out 3 monitors on a single hub, rather than try to use multiple cable types from the card."