Sign in to follow this  
Heigo

weird night textures filtering

Dear admin, You may remove this double post, just got "Service is unavailable message" and reposted.

Dear All

Take a look at the screenshot. It just turned like that without any reason I can recall. Tried rebuilding shaders, all different settings in Catalyst control centre, even uninstall and reinstall. I have only seen similar thing with low texture filtering but if it is set to maximum, there is no difference. During day, everything is fine.

What kind of sorcery will fix it?

Best Regards, and merry christmas!

Untitled.png

Nothing. Those special 3D lights will illuminate the ground in funny colors if it's over grass or a custom painted runway/taxi texture.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have exactly the same problem.  Originally I thought it was a calibration problem but after calibrating and trying different brightness and contrast settings nothing worked.  I would love a solution to this as it just ruins night flying especially close to the ground.

Ryanbatcund,... what do you mean by special 3D lights ?

Thanks in advance and Merry Xmas also

The 3D lights which illuminate other objects (and one downside is seen on his picture).

Those lights are different than built in fsx default aircraft.

The 3D lights, first modeled by Mike at Lotussim (amazing Albatross L39 btw!), are becoming standard on high end addons. The lights are built into the model and not some Fx addon.

I'm not a developer but a downside of using the special lighting means some textures addons (like third party ramps/runways) will look like that picture. Nothing can be done except to create a very black or light texture. The lighting tends to exaggerate the colors woven in ground textures and creates the ugly effect at night.

Another downside is seen while flying in low visibility.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |