Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

Aircraft rocking side to side on landing roll?

Odd problem that has only started appearing over the past few weeks.

When I land in a larger aircraft (ie BAC 1-11, QW 146 etc) despite landing at the correct speed and flare they have a habit of rolling from side to side, sometimes quite violently. I switched off ASN thinking that was the cause but even with nil weather I am still get the same problem with bigger jets. Removed the LUA friction entry from FSUIPC thinking that may have something to do with it but same problem.

Anyone have any ideas what's up?

Thanks

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

do you have Accufeel??

and have you tried taxiing fast down the runway to see if it sways from side to side or is it only when landing

steve

I think Steve's probably got your solution... :)

If you're using Accufeel, turn off (or down) the 'side forces' slider. I've had problems with this myself whereby some a/c are thrown violently sideways, occasionally back into the air, if both main gear don't touch down at the exact same moment.

I'm not sure what A2A are using to generate the effect but it really doesn't work too well with larger aircraft. For me, turning down the appropriate slider in the Accufeel settings solved it.

Thank you gentlemen!

Accufeel was the culprit! Turned the side forces slider off and I landed on the centreline and more importantly stayed there during the rollout :)

Happy holidays and thanks again,

Cheers,

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg