Sign in to follow this  
mh8794

Undocking Instruments in Dual monitor setup goes black

Hi All,

I am running a dual monitor setup on a GTX 680 4GB. I would like to undock the instruments like CDU, FMC, ... into the second screen. But when i undock them and drag them to the second screen they go completely black. I have read some posts about this issue before but never really found a solution.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mica

Are you using dx10? If so undock at least 2panels. 1seems to cause problems. Also, do not use sweetfx.

hi

I sm not using dx10. And it isnot helping to undock 2 views. Still black

Has anyone got any other possible solution for this very very enoying problem?

What I do, is that I load the Cessna at a default, low detail airport. Next I load the NGX and undock the windows I need and move them to the other screen. The windows should not be black now and all there's left to do, is to go to the airport you want. Would I try to undock stuff while at a high detail addon airport, I get black windows too.

Johan Nordqvist

What I do, is that I load the Cessna at a default, low detail airport. Next I load the NGX and undock the windows I need and move them to the other screen. The windows should not be black now and all there's left to do, is to go to the airport you want. Would I try to undock stuff while at a high detail addon airport, I get black windows too.

Johan Nordqvist

Thanks for the tip, i'll try it tonight. But it's a weird turn around, don't you think?

Yeah I agree, but I never found another solution. Takes a few more minutes but at least it works. If anyone who knows how FSX works, I would love to get an explaination for why this works.

Johan Nordqvist

Do you have/are you using ENB series?

That seems to make life impossible when trying to multi monitor.

Dan

I had exactly the same problem. I ran Bojotes tool and it went away. I think the problem has something to do with memory. Also as mentioned already any type of ENB should be removed and then double and triple check to make sure all files are captured

ZORAN

I am not using enb. My memory of videocard is 4gb on a GTX680. And i have already applied Kostas tweeks.

I am having so much problems with this PMDG: a lot of texture problems, sometimes they pannel disappear, sometimes the textures flikker, after saving or pausing the game the texture disappear, ...

Is anyone else having so much problems with it?

Regards

I had exactly the same problem. I ran Bojotes tool and it went away. I think the problem has something to do with memory. Also as mentioned already any type of ENB should be removed and then double and triple check to make sure all files are captured

Hey,

Strange enough i changed my CFG file to one generated by Ventuboo tool and it seems to work perfectly. The FPS are even higher.

I used the tweaks by Word Not Allowed, but these seem better.

I will do some more test to confirm.

Hey,

Strange enough i changed my CFG file to one generated by Ventuboo tool and it seems to work perfectly. The FPS are even higher.

I used the tweaks by Word Not Allowed, but these seem better.

I will do some more test to confirm.

Good to hear!  whenever I have any odd problems in FSX I always run that tool and let it reset my cfg.

ZORAN

I would suggest trying the DX10 tweaks (you do not need to buy the DX10Fixer to try this).  Use the DX10 How To document that Paul has posted in the forums.  

I am able to undock the NGX panels without first loading another plane (same with 777).  My video card is 560Ti so I think your card should perform better.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000