Sign in to follow this  
irwanhad

reinstall pmdg 737 based package

Hi Friends

Does anyone know how to reinstall pmdg 737 based package after the fsx is reinstall ??

thanks for the information

Having a similar problem.  I re installed FSX not deleting any add-ons. I have the PMDG 737 NGX as well as 747.  When I attempt to load the 747 I receive this pop up on the main screen 

"Can't find PMDGOptions.DLL"

I am able to load the 737 NGX but when it is finished all numbers and map are missing.  Everything else works.  Here is a Screen Shot.  As you can see the IRS is aligned and all other systems are functioning properly.  Not shown in this picture is the flight plan on the middle screen.  You can see way points and magenta line but not the map

2014-1-5_0-40-56-403_zpsc5cd691e.png

Hi Friends

Does anyone know how to reinstall pmdg 737 based package after the fsx is reinstall ??

thanks for the information

The same way as you installed  it the first time

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

If the download link is expired you need to send a ticket to PMDG support. (support.precisionmanuals.com) and you will have to purchase the extended download service for $4.99 which will give you download links for a year.

Also, please sign your first and last name at the bottom of your post or you may have your thread deleted, or worse.

Once you have done the extended download service thing, - BACK UP THE FILE!
Like get out a CDrom or Disk or other hard drive or something and put the file there.

Once you have done this, put it somewhere safe, so that you don't have to pay another $4.99 to download it again next time your PC Hard-drive dies, or windows gets corrupted, or you upgrade your PC, or you have some other issue befall your FSX installation which I seem to suffer once every ~12 months necessitating a re-installation of something.

Agree about the copy files to Disk/Stick. I recently cleaned my drive and reloaded every thing. I am in the habit of keeping a master set of disks for every download, coupled with a txt file of the purchase order and activation keys on that disk/stick. This has been a life saver several times. Think of how many downloads you do, not only flight sim. Another super important backup I do every week is my pst file from outlook to my "outlook stick", as well as duplicating my outlook to Gmail as a if all else fails....I ended up using the gmail account when I was cleaning my outlook drive of 'rubbish', only to find I had removed some activation key information.

As for re-installing PMDG software, in the support database on the PMDG site there is a item there explaining how to remove and replace FSX and PMDG software..

Regards

Geoff Bryce

what if the link expires how do you get it back

What happened to the original download you done,  unless you did a O/s re install than it still should be on your pc unless you deleted  it. This is why you make back up of your download exes  to a disc saves you this kind of hassles

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I've just re-installed the 800\900 and 600\700 expansion.  Install using PMDG 737 8900 NGX.exe (and PMDG 737 6700 NGX RTM.exe) then PMDG 737 8900 NGX SP1c.exe (and PMDG 737 6700 NGX SP1c Update.exe).

When you select the aircraft in FSX for the first time you will be prompted for the Activation Code which you can get by logging into your PMDG account and selecting "View Previous Orders".  Select the relevant order number and you will see the activation key at the bottom.