Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iEscape

Having a problem not exactly a "CTD"

I picked up the Razbam Metroliner last night and had some fun with it. Everything was working perfectly. But now today when I tried loading it up, as soon as fsx loaded to 100% and I could see the world/cockpit rendered for about one second flat and then the sim would just close out. In a way that It appeared the process was killed on the task manager. No notifications of "FSX has stopped working" like I would get if something had crashed. Nothing has really changed to my FSX besides installing that new aircraft. And I recently got FSUIPC. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I know you do not want to have this considered as a CTD as it gets more attention in the FSX Forum than in the CTD Forum.  Well, not necessarily.  A lot of people visit the CTD Forum too.  AVSIM has a new CTD Guide (see pinned topic in CTD Forum) that provides guidance on what to do if fsx crashes or no longer responds (which is a CTD).  It also has solutions for some types of crashes/freezes/stopped responding.  It is very difficult to provide a response to your OP as we have no idea what your system specs are and we need to know more about your crash.  An entry was most likely recorded in the Event Viewer and probably you'll see an AppCrashView report too.

I'm moving this to the CTD Forum.  Hopefully we can find a solution.

Best regards,

I've been able to isolate my problem to FSUPIC4.dll. When it is removed from my modules folder FSX seems to run fine. When it is replaced it returns to "crashing".