Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frankla

Runway Markings stand out too much.. Picture attached

Runway markings stand out too much.  I have attached a screenshot below.  Is this normal?  Anyway to reduce the effect?

post-138475-0-38198600-1388892174.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is that a a typical view of the terrain when inside FSX? Because it's a little blurry and that might explain why the airport elements stand out. The parts to an airport get placed early in the rendering loop, whereas textures and mesh get a lower LOD and if there's time before the loop ends then these will get rendered to a finer resolution, up to the slider settings.

You might try scaling back the settings a notch and see if everything renders better and if the elements for the airport appear a little less "in your face".

Yes....it's normal.  Some add ons have custom runway textures that look more realistic - I have not found default replacements that solve the problem that these markings can be seen from space...

Is that a a typical view of the terrain when inside FSX? Because it's a little blurry and that might explain why the airport elements stand out. The parts to an airport get placed early in the rendering loop, whereas textures and mesh get a lower LOD and if there's time before the loop ends then these will get rendered to a finer resolution, up to the slider settings.

You might try scaling back the settings a notch and see if everything renders better and if the elements for the airport appear a little less "in your face".

Well,  I saved the image at very low resolution.  I have a feeling that when visibility is low as it was in this flight (10 miles), it doesn't cover the runway markings.