Sign in to follow this  
Guest cw1011

FSD-INTERNATIONAL

I like it a lot. It keeps you very busy compared to other bush planes like the Aerosoft Beaver or RealAir Scout due to it using a turboprop rather than an easier to manage piston engine, at least if you want to do things properly it does.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest cw1011

Yes, but they are very good about re-setting the copy protection software for legitimate customers. Just save your purchase confirmations.

Guest Waltm

I'm very pleased with it. It has amazing STOL capabilities, so amazing in fact that initially I was led to question FSD's implementation of the flight model, but so far real-world data has confirmed FSD's fine work.-- Walt

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi. I have the Porter in a few body colours, and sometimes I lend it out for jobs but when it comes back with tin cans lying about and instruments missing or patched up I wonder if I've done the right thing.

>That sounds like a big step forward if you ask me :)>>Too true. After months of frustration, policy changed, up and flying again in 20 mins. Its a great plane - totally recommend it and now that FSD have changed their policy on reinstalls, no reason to suggwst NOT getting it!

Louise

London, UK

The Porter has a superb visual model, a great VC and a flight model as good as MSFS allows it to be. The only (small) shortcomings I noticed are the starter panel in the VC (the switches act a bit weird and differently than on the 2D pop-up panel) and a few switches are only accessible through a popup panel (pitot heat, bleed air, environment). But, as said, these are only small 'shortcomings' compared to the overall quality of the product.Paul

Guest Larry_KMSO

Paul or some other FSD Porter ownerOn the main electrical panel, does your toggle switch marked with the letters POS actually do anything?My POS switch doesn't do anything. I was expecting it to change the direction the landing lights were aimed.Larry

Thanks for the reply!I somehow lost track of this question, that's why the slow answer:-lolI remember the movie "air america" with mel gibson... I watched it over and over again as a little boy. Great movie that was!:9 At least it was back than...:-coolAnyways, I was very impressed by the "runways" or dirt tracks they used up there in the jungle of laos. Very steep and challenging to say the least!I would love to smuggle some weapons up there with the porter!:-hahIt's a pity MS doesn't model runway elevations or ANY runway conditions (water, ice, snow, heat, cracks, individual bumps etc.) except the "bumps" which are exactly the same everywhere...At least there is still huge space for improvementx:-). Let's wait and look with what they can come up with in the next edition!The porter would be the perfect plane for those offroad places!cheers,Claudio

I find it interesting that the topic of FSD's license wrapper keeps coming up. Once you get past the registration it extracts the actual install files for the plane itself and if you use those on a reinstall you don't have to reactive it at all. I save all the extracted install files from all the aircraft I've purchased and can reinstall a thousand times if I so choose. Including the FSD aircraft. Makes me wonder why people have had to spend so much time and effort trying to get reactivations, especially multiple times. Hmm....

- Aaron

Guest Larry_KMSO

Thanks Tim. I got it finally! I even now see that the landing lights descend out of the wing structure when the landing light toggle is switched. And that the POS switch refers to POSition lights and controls the wing tip red and green lights.After dark, I could see the landing lights aim swing out aimed from near to far and so mistakenly thought that the POS switch should control where the landing lights were aimed!! BTW, I'm hooked on FSD aircraft. I bought four during the Christmas special and have flow nothing else since. For those who don't know, my FSD Porter aircraft came with a load manager which delightfully gives you a means of determing of when the aircraft is due for service and the cost of maintenace and operation. A real eye opener for a "virtual" pilot like myself. For example, my total cost for 24.82 hours of operation ran up a bill for $7108.09! Good grief. Cost of fuel currency ( in A$, Brit #, Canadian $ and more) is selectable as is the units of measure (US Gallons or Metric Liters). Very nice but shocking feature!Larry

Guest racartron

"It's a pity MS doesn't model runway elevations or ANY runway conditions (water, ice, snow, heat, cracks, individual bumps etc.) except the "bumps" which are exactly the same everywhere..."It's possible to land your bush planes in very uneven patches. If you have an enhanced mesh terrain installed and ignore the runways, there are plenty of "bumpy" bits from which to land and take off. Really makes for a fun time.-------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember whatifdgsupport.jpg

Yup the FSD Load manager makes you realize just how much it costs to operate even a light aircraft...Light Sports Aircraft and Ultralights are your friend (unless you're rich) :)I'm also very happy with my FSD purchases - Have the Seneca, Porter and Navajo and they're great. The Seneca is probably my favorite at least for the moment.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest aca_dia

I love every one of my FSD aircraft. The Porter is top notch and a blast to play with.My all time favorite sim aircraft is the FSD Cheyenne (which is currently in the process of getting a refit). I now have 22 commercial add-on aircraft with samples from almost all the companies producing aircraft for FS9 (yikes! How can I have time for that when I make my living flying?!) and the Cheyenne is still easily at the top of my list. I must admit that I have always fancied the 400LS so there is a reason for my Cheyenne lust!Douglas

>I find it interesting that the topic of FSD's license wrapper>keeps coming up. Once you get past the registration it>extracts the actual install files for the plane itself and if>you use those on a reinstall you don't have to reactive it at>all. I save all the extracted install files from all the>aircraft I've purchased and can reinstall a thousand times if>I so choose. Including the FSD aircraft. Makes me wonder why>people have had to spend so much time and effort trying to get>reactivations, especially multiple times. Hmm....Slait that is fine as long as you don