Sign in to follow this  
tomwer0501

VRInsight MCP Combo II (Boeing) - replacing the keys...

Hello all together,

I am a new user of the MCP Combo II (Boeing type). With the assembling of the key-caps I made a fault - I simply did not see that one of the keys was assembled by myself in a wrong direction. So one of the keys is turned to the left and I want to correct this direction of course. What is your experience about re-assembling of keys on the MCP? Is it simply possible to pull out the key or will this cause a defect of the key?

Thanks a lot if anyone can give me an Information about his experience about this (I hop simple) topic...

Thomas

They should just pop off with gentle leverage, mine did

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

There is a bag included in the box with the panel that has some black clips (tools) with double side sticky tape on them, you will also find a little instruction sheet included in the bag showing you what to do to remove the clear key caps. Simply press (hard) the double sided tape on the black plastic clip up against the key cap you want to remove and quickly pull the black clip and the button or clear cap should come off. Don't worry if the whole assembly including the white section at the back comes off too, it will clip back on again.

If the whole assembly comes off: To remove the white section from the clear key cap grab hold of the white clip at the back with some long nose pliers and pull the clear key cap off with your fingers or the double sided tape tool.

Cheers, Andy.