Sign in to follow this  
jinx46

Saved FMC files anywhere?

I would like to know if there are any saved files for the FMC, which I could download and use in my fsx.

And if yes, where would I put them...

I have tried with the tutorial 1 to set up the FMC data and failed each time somewhere down the process. I was trying for 3 days, 3 hours or more each time and restarting from point 1 many times and I got fed up.

Does anyone have saved files they could send me, of any flight anywhere?

Thanks.

Hi,

I suggest you invest in a flight planning package then you could fly anywhere you wanted :) I started with FSBuild with the NGX. Works well and exports to the FLIGHTPLANS folder. I now use PFPX which is excellent but more expensive.

Alternatively get a route from an online routefinder site & type in the waypoints?

Ray

Does anyone have saved files they could send me, of any flight anywhere?

I'm sure someone could save a flight for you, but that would mean a couple things:

1. You could only fly the flights they flew
  2. You could only fly at the weights they flew those flights
  3. You'd learn nothing in the process

This puts me at a particular struggling point, because, as much as I like to help people, I feel like offering you the files would only truly hinder you.  The fact of the matter is that you bought a highly realistic study sim.  It's going to take effort to learn.  It will take patient effort to learn.  As a former educator, I can't stress that enough.  If you're having troubles with the tutorial - which is not timed, scored, or monitored in any way - it's just a matter of slowing down and being more careful.

Take your time.  Look carefully at each step in the process.  Proceed slowly until you get a firm understanding of what all is going on.  The tutorial is all you will need, honestly.

Kyle Rodgers

If you're having troubles with the tutorial - which is not timed, scored, or monitored in any way - it's just a matter of slowing down and being more careful.

Take your time.  Look carefully at each step in the process.  Proceed slowly until you get a firm understanding of what all is going on.  The tutorial is all you will need, honestly.

Yep. The 1st tutorial was simple enough, but the 2nd one got me confused with all the radials and NAV radios and what not. Did that a few more times, taking my time to read through the tutorials carefully and I got the basics. After around another 60-90 hours or so of flying the NGX around, I got the hang of all the advanced stuff, and I've been using everything at my disposal on every flight now.  :lol: 

So no worries, just take your time and do it at your own pace, like Kyle said.  ^_^