Sign in to follow this  
lcdtmd

Lionheart Quest Kodiak

I saw on the compatibility list that the Lionheart Kodiak will work in P3Dv2 but needs sound from another source, i.e. "FSX C208 or 3rd party soundset."  Could anyone walk me through this process and tell me what flies/folders need to go where?  I've installed it both with and without the EMT and everything else appears to work fine.

Thanks, TD

BTW.  I've added and changed some camera views for this plane if anyone is interested I could post them.

Nevermind, I figured it out myself.  If anyone is interested, here is what I did.

Note:  Everything was done from the SimObjects-Airplanes folder for each respective plane.

1. I deleted the P3Dv2 Kodiak sound and soundBackup folders.

2. I copied the folders for sound and soundBackup from the FSX Kodiak version and pasted them into the P3Dv2 Kodiak folder.

3. I made a new folder in P3Dv2 Simobjects-Airplanes and titled it C208B.

4. I copied the sound and soundai folders from FSX-Simobjects-Airplanes-C208B and put them in the new C208B folder in P3Dv2.

And Presto there was sound!!!

I hope this helps someone, let me know.

TD

Thanks for the hints. Maybe you should add this into the compatibility list thread.

Spirit

Thanks for the hints. Maybe you should add this into the compatibility list thread.

Spirit

Good advice Spirit, will do.

TD

Nevermind, I figured it out myself. If anyone is interested, here is what I did.

Note: Everything was done from the SimObjects-Airplanes folder for each respective plane.

2. I copied the folders for sound and soundBackup from the FSX Kodiak version and pasted them into the P3Dv2 Kodiak folder.

4. I copied the sound and soundai folders from FSX-Simobjects-Airplanes-C208B and put them in the new C208B folder in P3Dv2.

TD[/quot

What gauge files need to be placed in the P3D gauge folder...I have plane and sound by no display in the three panels.

Nevermind, I figured it out myself. If anyone is interested, here is what I did.

Note: Everything was done from the SimObjects-Airplanes folder for each respective plane.

TD[/quot

What gauge files need to be placed in the P3D gauge folder...I have plane and sound by no display in the three panels.

Sorry it took a bit Sesquashtoo, I just happened to read this post.  Unfortunately or fortunately, however you look at it, I didn't have any problems with the panels or gauges.  Perhaps some of the members here who have more insight into programing could give you an answer.

TD

Sorry it took a bit Sesquashtoo, I just happened to read this post.  Unfortunately or fortunately, however you look at it, I didn't have any problems with the panels or gauges.  Perhaps some of the members here who have more insight into programing could give you an answer.

TD

No problem...actually if you re-download from Flight1.com....the wrapper now allows you to install v2.6  in both versions of P3D, FS9, and FSX...right from the wrapper.  Just reenter your key...and install into P3D v2.2...and go fly!