Sign in to follow this  
TheRealThing89

A request for AFCAD gurus

Hi guys, I have a simple request regarding the ILS approach at Narita,it was WAY!!!!!!!!!!! to high,I am using the overland scenery with Yuki's AFCAD and I am wondering if anyone can correct the ILS? When I am on approach it says to descend to 4000 then plane are just left trying to land at NRT 100/2000ft above the runway, it's defo an ILS issue, If anyone can help correct the ILS please reply and I will PM the AFCAD to you,

Have you tried to de-activate this addon Narita (including it's afcad file) and then making the same approach to the default version of this airport ? If your addon afcad is correctly made you should have the same problem.

I do not have this scenery myself but is there high ground (mountains) along your approach course ? If yes then the best thing to do is to change the wind direction approx. 180 degrees at Narita while still at your departure airport and to then save that flight. During any subsequent flights using your now pre-saved flight, ATC will vector you for an approach from the other side.

Narita's pattern altitudes for all runways should be no more than 1000 feet.

Good luck.

Hans

I have looked at the stock approaches with ADEX and they check out fine against the published approaches/STARS. It is very unlikely that the AFCAD is the problem, unless the add-on scenery uses custom made approaches and the AFCAD author loaded the stock data while making the AFCAD in ADEX. That can really mess things up!

I can take a look at the AFCAD xml for you, just PM me. However since I do not have the add-on scenery I cannot double check against that. Maybe the docs that came with the add-on can shed some light, but I doubt it....

Rgds,

Hans (not the same as above, but yes, also Dutch)

The Japanese AIP charts show normal 3° GP for all 4 runways.  I've been using a scenery for FS2002 by Kazuhiro Miyazaki with an AFCAD for it by  Lars Armgart and all approaches seem quite normal.

If you have an AFCAD, you could open it with Afcad221 and check/change the GP angle shown for the ILSs.  If it's an AFX or ADE file, you should use ADE9X ( if you don't have the AFX editing program).

Colin B

Depending on which approach you were using 4000ft would be about right for approach vectors into RJAA. From the latest chart I can find (feb 2012) the IF for ILS 34L is waypoint DAISY 17.7nm at 4000ft, then the FAF COSMO 11.8nm at 4000ft, GS to the RW.

Narita is on my to do list so I will be updating all of the approaches there.

On that afcad, all 4 ILSs have 3° G/S and also all PAPIs are set for 3°, so it looks as if that is not at fault.

Which aircraft are you using and how are you selecting the ILS to either fly manually or using the autopilot?

When you fly the ILS, does the raw data show you on or above the G/P?

Colin B

I mainly use the Overland Aircraft and load the approach into the GPS then enter the ILS heading and the NAV1 frequency, I hate seeing my AI trying to land at NRT 1000s of feet above the runway, it's horrible looking.

I assume you are using the Overland A380 you refer to in your other post.

I'm not familiar with Airbus FMSs but with Boeings you have to select APP on the MCP to get demands through the F/D or autopilot.  Are you sure that just selecting ILS on NAV1 will lock the F/D or autopilot onto it without any further actions?

Try flying manually and follow the raw data for localiser and glidepath and see if it flies you to the runway aiming point. Or use a default Cessna and select nav/app to lock onto the ILS and see if that will follow it correctly.

Colin B

I actually use Project Airbus for my A380 :)

I have no problems with ILS at other airports, just NRT.

You did mention Overland !

Will any other aircraft fly an ILS at NRT correctly or do they all fly above the G/P?

Colin B

I've now tried your afcad with my freeware scenery mentioned above.   Using the LevelD B767, it flew the ILSs for 34L and 16L without any problems, the G/P aiming at the correct point on each occasion and landing at the correct elevation.  It didn't quite line up with rwy 16L but that is to be expected using the wrong afcad for my scenery but otherwise, there were no problems locking onto and following the localisers and glidepaths and autolanding.

Possibly your problem lies with either your aircraft or your installation, or maybe your method of operation.  If your AI aircraft are going high as well, it's probably your installation and your other post shows you have other problems. 

You haven't got another NRT afcad anywhere, have you?

Colin B

Is that the one in the link above, and do you have ANY other for NRT active in FS?

Colin B