Sign in to follow this  
KORDATC

Question for Robert

Hello, 

I've recently received a bunch of manuals from a retired United Airlines captain who flew the 757/767 and have a few questions on what they are for.  This question is mainly aimed towards Robert since he used to fly for United if I'm not mistaking.  However, if anyone else knows the answers I'm looking for, I'd be more than happy to hear them.

Here's the list of manuals I've received(They are all from United Airlines and dated in the early to mid 90s)

- B757/B767 Training & Reference

- B757/B767 Performance & Procedures

- B757/B767 Flight Manual

- B757/B767 Flight Handbook

- B757/B767 Aircraft Reference Guide (Maintenance Operations Training)

- Flight Operations Manual

I was just wondering if you could tell me what the purpose of each of these manuals are and how they are used on a typical flight?  Also, what is the purpose of the Flight Manual in this case?  It appears to be the the Training & Reference manual and Performance & Procedures manual combined.  Why even have this manual, especially since the airframe would have an AFM in the cockpit?  Finally, why even have a flight handbook, if the official source of performance tables is in the AFM?

Thanks,

Rob

Simply, they are what they are, reference. Read the manuals and understand what you are reading and then apply, you will answer your own question.

Simply, they are what they are, reference. Read the manuals and understand what you are reading and then apply, you will answer your own question.

Thanks Robert

Sign your posts!!!

Jimmy Nestor