Sign in to follow this  
fzike

DX10 with FSD KORD

Just getting starting with DX10 in FSX using Steve's fixer and trying very hard to follow all of the recommendations for settings. Not surprisingly I've encountered some issues with the add on airport Chicago O'Hare from FS Dreamteam which is not currently DX10 compatible. I'm seeing four black objects surrounding each green taxiway light but don't know what to call this problem and some issues with what I think is called a halo effect around the area lighting.

I have attached a screenshot of these two issues which may or may not come through but would like to know two things:

For my education, what are these two DX10 anomalies called and is there anything I can do to improve the visuals?

Overall I'm very happy I've made the switch to DX10 and can certainly live with the minor problems I've encountered but I'm enjoying the challenge of getting DX10 to work in FSX.

Fred Z

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Exceeded 400KB weight limits.

Fred Ziker

i7-13700k, Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790, 32gb DDR5-6400, GeForce RTX3080Ti, Noctua NH-D15 Chromax CPU cooler, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD

Hi,

Did a flight around christmas and uploaded some images back then. Look at some of the latest images at night. I dont think i have the problem.

I have FTX Global with Steves DX10 Fixer installed and General slider to the Left towards the scenery.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/430327-a-christmas-trip-cyul-kord-in-the-ngx-and-dx10/?hl=+cyul#8208kord=

Michael 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

In Post #2, Michael Moe wrote:-

I have FTX Global with Steves DX10 Fixer installed and General slider to the Left towards the scenery.

Did either of you try this?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I'm certainly willing to try moving the General slider to the Left towards the scenery, but I don't understand the instruction. What/Where is the "General slider"?  In the DX10 Fixer program there is the possibility to configure the "General Shader" but I don't see a slider per se' to move left towards the scenery and there is no "general" slider in the FSX settings.

Sorry to be so dense, but this newbie needs more detailed direction.

thanks!

f

Fred Ziker

i7-13700k, Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790, 32gb DDR5-6400, GeForce RTX3080Ti, Noctua NH-D15 Chromax CPU cooler, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD

Aww cheesh. The "Legacy" Shader.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Sorry , my bad english i guess . Sometimes you think its common knowledge, sorry for that . We have all been there. Paul has the answer. Try it out

This picture shows more of the taxiways and my strange pink colours over terrain and taxiways at night (they do vanish sometimes but i cant beat it why they keep coming up, something with lights in the NGX/T7 so i have heard)

tmwx.jpg

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks for your patience, Paul!

Moving the legacy shader in Steve's DX10 Fixer left towards the scenery has definitely improved my runway lighting issue.

Fred Ziker