Sign in to follow this  
Jim Robinson

Trouble with default GPS

Ok I'm trying to select a destination from my active flight plan in the GPS and according to the instructions I need to:1. Press the Direct-to button2. Use the large knob to select the flightplan field3. Use the small know to display all the waypoints in the active flightplan4. Press ENT to confirm my selction and perss ENT again to activate the direct-to functionWell I tried the above but it's not working for me. After I chose my direct-to waypoint I press ENT and it just defaults back to my depature airport. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but if you want to fly a particular leg of a multiple waypoint plan, use the large knob to highlight the waypoint in the flight plan (I think you have to push the "crsr" button first) you want to activate, then push the menu button. It will ask you if you want to fly this particular leg (not sure of exact wording) and all you have to do is click the "enter" button.If you're simply trying to do a "direct to...", click the "direct to" button, then click the small knob's right arrow and type the identifier of your destination airport. Then click "enter" like 3 times until it takes you back to the map page and you should see a pink line leading to your destination.Good luck,Jim