Sign in to follow this  
Fragmentum

Wings of Power P-51Released

looks impressive but how does it compare to the RealAir Spitfire and Capt Sim Yak 3, i.e. how's the refresh rate in the VC and how clear/sharp are the textures?

I am sure they are but though I got Wings of Power and am hugely impressed I already got the Realair Spitfire. If they can match that one they have made a hell of a job. Don

Guest CYYJ1968

At this point, with a couple of hours in the P-51, I'd say it's on par with the RealAir Spitfire. The virtual cockpit 3D model is excellent, the textures are crisp and clear and the gauge refresh is as smooth as the Spitfire. In other words, excellent. To oqvist's point, it shares the problem as the Spitfire that, in the virtual cockpit, the empennage and fuselage aft of the armour plate behind the pilot is not modeled which means that you can see gaps in the 3D model when craning your head around to look behind you. I doubt this would be noticable however unless you use TrackIR3 w/ Vector or you move the eyepoint around a lot in the virtual cockpit.

if you'd crane your head that far in a real Mustang or Spit you'd have worse trouble than seeing through the fuselage (think neck twisted off :-lol).Maybe one for the next version of FS: restrict the angle you can rotate your view in the VC to more accurately mimmick real head movement...

>if you'd crane your head that far in a real Mustang or Spit>you'd have worse trouble than seeing through the fuselage>(think neck twisted off :-lol).>Maybe one for the next version of FS: restrict the angle you>can rotate your view in the VC to more accurately mimmick real>head movement...Nah I rather see complete virtual cockpits instead. The idea is to get rid of limitations instead of create new ones. Your view is even with vector expansion a bit more restricted than in real life. Though you can look behind you more easily even though it

>Nah I rather see complete virtual cockpits instead. The idea>is to get rid of limitations instead of create new ones. Your>view is even with vector expansion a bit more restricted than>in real life. Though you can look behind you more easily even>though it

Guest CYYJ1968

With TrackIR + Vector, I've configured the response profiles so that I cannot lean out of the cockpit to the left or right and the full range of left-right rotation in-game is about 240 degrees. These settings do a pretty good job of realistically constraining the eyepoint range of motion. I can do a shoulder check but can't look directly back. As to the performance of the Spitfire and P-51, I'm probably not the best person to ask as I have a fairly powerful system (Athlon64 3500+, 1GB DDR, Radeon 9800Pro). On my system, both the Spitfire and the P-51 are silky smooth with no stutters or slow downs whatsoever. The Spitfire stutters briefly when changing views to the virtual cockpit (presumably texture loading) but that's it.

>>>Nah I rather see complete virtual cockpits instead. The idea>>is to get rid of limitations instead of create new ones.>Your>>view is even with vector expansion a bit more restricted>than>>in real life. Though you can look behind you more easily>even>>though it

Guest av84fun

<>ITRW, by twisting your butt as little as 30 degrees on your seat and with the use of peripferal vision, yes you can see 180 degrees in both directions.

Still downloading. Server is extremely slow, must be the high load...

i just bought it, but the server ipainfully slow and i keep loosing the conection, this is not good enough because the link is removed after 24 hours, this should have been pointed out before you pay the money. of to try again, it should be a lot quicker than this with a 1 meg connection

I would wait a few days to download it really or download it in very inconveniant hours when everyone else is asleep lol. Seeing that most P51 enthusiasts probably live in US you have to time it. Can be quite difficult because of the size of North America and all it

Guest A321

How can we wait a few days... You have only 24 hours to download it. + You should have equal oppertunity to download what you pay for no matter where you are from.Yes I am fustrated with this, in fact im about to get a refund, and No I dont care if its expensive to upkeep servers, if so increase the price of your product, but dont sell me something and give me 24hours to download 87Mb at near 5k, with nothing but server connection losses.Jason