Sign in to follow this  
Fragmentum

Wings of Power P-51Released

i realise there will be a lot of people after this and normally i could wait untill a better time, but the problem is you only have 24 hours to download it, if you sleep and go to work it could only leave a few hours before i lose the chance to download.

Guest Dann

Agreed, having the exact same problem. I do shift work, and will be losing my 24 hour window of opportunity very quickly if something doesn't change.I'll try again, perhaps from work, around 2:00am West Coast time, or again when I get home around 3:30am.Sheesh, so very frustrating!DanPS, however, I am really glad I'm not alone with this problem! For a while, I thought I was really screwed!

Guest CYYJ1968

From the developer's support forum: http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=769"If you are experiencing slow download speeds, just email support@shockwaveproductions.com with your order number and we'll switch you to an alternate server. It seems the entire world is downloading this at once, and T1 line is just saturated."

Guys - we just opened an alternate download site to handle the demand. I apologize for the slow download speed before. It seems all the orders are now finally making it through. Our apologies for any inconvenience this caused.ScottShockwave Productions Inc.

And it works. Good speed and got the file in minutes.Not flown her yet but she looks good on the ramp ;)

thanks for the new Download link Scott, well over 100kb/s downloaded in minutes. the plane's pretty good to :)As for the comparison with the RealAir Spit, there is very little in it, but i think the Spitfire does have a slight edge, but then i am British and we have a VERY soft spot for our Spitfires. One area where the ** plane wins hands down is the price, although they are both priced at a very similar number of units the Mustang wins at $24.99 against the Spitfire at

and better looking. Don't look at me like that, I like those elliptical wingtips ;)

Hi Bruce,Not so! At 25 Euros, for US customers that is under $34 which $9 more expensive. That is not even half as much again, against your claim of "twice as much". Even with VAT (which our US customers do NOT have to pay) it's still no where near twice the cost. Kind Regards,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest CYYJ1968

Anyone else having trouble scrubbing off speed? I understand that these planes were designed to have little drag but I'm having trouble keeping the airspeed below 200-220 mph on approach even with the engine idling, in a shallow descent and the airframe as aerodynamically dirty as I can make it (radiator and cockpit open, side slipping or forward slipping). At those speeds, I can't deploy flaps and gear, carry too much airspeed over the threshold and have to go around.

yep, suffering from that as well.The official reply on their forums is a non-reply, stating we should just slow down more (like we don't know that, that's the complaint after all).I doubt they'll fix that, seeing their attitude so far towards the problem, so I'm trying to tweak the fde myself a bit, also attempting to fix the complete lack of effect from the flaps (there's no change in lift whatsoever when deploying flaps).In another fde problem, bring her level and reduce throttle.The Mustang will start to climb steeply without loosing any speed at all...

well i paid about thirteen and a half quid for the Mustang and nearly 21 quid for the Spitfire. I know it is not double but it still quite a difference in price. i was not trying to put either plane down. Granted only those in the EU will pay VAT, and technically those in europe should send a cheque for the VAT (a couple of quid) to our relavent tresury, but hey, you pays your money and takes your choice. I had to think longer about buying the spitfire than i did the mustang, but in the end i succombed and bought both, and regret niether. Now all we need is someone to make a Ta 152.As to landing the planes/getting the speed down did you try changing the pitch of the prop to as fine as it will go (Ctrl+F1) or pull the lever back.

Guest Dann

I'd like to know what flight model fixes are made; but that said, I've had no trouble bleeding off speed for landing. It's not like a Cessna, everything has to be done a little sooner, a little farther out...but I have no doubt you guys realize that.When I decide to land, I start setting up for it a little earlier, pulling back the power with nose level or a little high and get the airspeed down to 200 mph before I even consider starting for the pattern. This may mean a circle or two, or an s-pattern.Just my two-cents.Dan

Guest Tim W

I haven't purchased this P-51 yet so can't comment on the flight model but Dan has it right. The secret of scrubbing the speed off in any high performance fighter is speed management. You really do need to plan ahead with these machines. Start getting the speed under control some way before the overhead join. Then a break to downwind will scrub off more speed as will dropping the gear. Unlike the Spitfire the P-51 has the advantage of several flap stages to aid your speed reduction too. CheersTimp.s. Talking of the Spitfire, one little known fact. R.J.Mitchell originally called the aircraft the "Swift", When told that the RAF were intending to call it the "Spitfire", Mitchell commented "Thats just the sort of D##N silly name they would give it!"And the rest as they say is history!http://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair1.gif