Sign in to follow this  
dozzy177

My P3D v2 runs much worse than FSX...

Hi, sorry to be a bore, here, but you guys are so good at giving valuable advice.

Since running P3Dv2, my FPS have run at a lousy 13 on average, irrespective of settings, min or maxed. It seems also to load textures slowly...

Strangely, with my FSX well tweaked, I manage regularly 20-26fps.

Let me assure you, since acquiring P3D,  I have tried separately all the standard tweaks (LM, Word Not Allowed, *******, etc...) to no avail. makes no difference.

I am starting to wonder if there is any form of incompatibility at hardware level, given that P3D transfers a lot of usage to the graphic card, etc.

My computer is an Intel based Apple (iMac 11, 23" monitor) running (happily) on Windows 7-64 ultimate with SP1

Intel® Core i5 CPU         680  @ 3.60GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

8 Gb RAM available memory

Direct X 11

Radeon HD5670 (not the best, but OK with FSX)

Hard disk Hitachi 2Gb with lots of free space.

Any advice or suggestion welcome, meanwhile, I am obviously happy to continue with FSX well maxed and delivering enough fps (and little stutter...)

Great forum, btw !  B)

P3D v2 needs a powerful GPU and I guess your's is too weak. This is a big difference to FSX.

Spirit

Hi,

Yes, it's your graphics card. Nowhere near powerful enough. I think that it only has 1gig of memory. Running P3D v2 the graphics card is more important than on FSX. I'm running an R9 290 and that cannot run with everything maxed out. A decent card with 3 gig on board will make a big difference!

P3D actually utilizes the graphics card, so it would make sense to make an upgrade to take advantage of a modern platform.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Thanks for all your help. I suspected the video card (HD5670 ATI/Radeon) is to weak, I believe not even 1Gb mem.

As for the CPU, my i5 is mounted on an iMac (used with Windows) and I suspect that the system splits the quad.

So, I'll save P3D for another day, when I change hardware completely. iMac won't let me change anything insside, as you probably know.