Sign in to follow this  
glad62

V2.1 Full throttle startup & more! Why?

No early response over at p3d forum so trying here.

I have done a full reinstall of v2.1,deleting what remnant directories remained after uninstalling 2.0.

On starting p3d I get the old full throttle, left rudder bug which can be fixed for that flight by juggling saitek yoke quadrant throttle control and applying full brakes.

I got this issue in 2.o but it cleared after my first exit/reboot from p3d.

But there is more......

When accessing a menu item that changes the sim behaviour eg display\resolution change; or vehicles\select vehicle etc, the problem above manifests itself again.

The new version is absolutely fab. but for me, only usable if I don't change anything during a session.

Please help, seems I'm the only one.  Where do I Iook? I just want to get on with flying.

ps I use Saitek Yoke, quadrant and pedals and messing with calibrations etc. does resolve the above.

Go to the prepar3d forum. The developers are very engaging and respond reasonably quickly.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

No early response over at p3d forum so trying here.

I have done a full reinstall of v2.1,deleting what remnant directories remained after uninstalling 2.0.

On starting p3d I get the old full throttle, left rudder bug which can be fixed for that flight by juggling saitek yoke quadrant throttle control and applying full brakes.

I got this issue in 2.o but it cleared after my first exit/reboot from p3d.

But there is more......

When accessing a menu item that changes the sim behaviour eg display\resolution change; or vehicles\select vehicle etc, the problem above manifests itself again.

The new version is absolutely fab. but for me, only usable if I don't change anything during a session.

Please help, seems I'm the only one.  Where do I Iook? I just want to get on with flying.

ps I use Saitek Yoke, quadrant and pedals and messing with calibrations etc. does resolve the above.

I had the same problem.

Turned out it was just duplicate control assignments in P3DV2.1 with the re-created controls config.

The throttle was doing the ailerons and the pedals the throttle etc....

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thnx gb but I don't understand what you mean.

The 'control' files I know of are control.dll and standard.xml.

Could you be more specific please?

Thnx gb but I don't understand what you mean.

The 'control' files I know of are control.dll and standard.xml.

Could you be more specific please?

Go in P3D to the controls section and look how your axis are set.

Spirit

Throttle axis look and work ok.  no duplications in \settings\controls.

Why would changing something in the menu choices as explained, affect the throttle?

Why would changing something in the menu choices as explained, affect the throttle?

Good question.

Possibly related to the original problem that version 2.0 had?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Some pilots use FSUIPC to set up axes ... so, only the SIMs or FSUIPC controls can be used.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I found the problem in menu\controls\

I have a 'virtual joystick" listed.

assume it gets there because of home built panel switching plugged into a usb port.
anyway, its 'axis' tab showed throttle (and others) as - assigned.
Deleted all of these and BINGO.

You right spirit-66.