Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

DX10 VC shadows....?

Since experiencing the first of many OOM's when flying the T7 I'm considering Steve's DX10 Fixer and running in DX10 Mode.

Apparently, DX10 improves performance and better yet is a huge boost to preventing OOM's through decreased VAS.

From what I've read, DX10 may just be the savior for FSX and OOM's and DX10 mode for FSX seems to be continually and constantly improved.

I've heard that the PMDG JS41 VC was designed/made workable with VC shadows in DX10 mode.

Does PMGD plan on adding the same functionality to the T7 and NGX? Has there been any mention of this?

This would be a great way to get some of the visuals and performance of P3D in current FSX with these great AC!

Chris Camp

Does PMGD plan on adding the same functionality to the T7 and NGX? Has there been any mention of this?

No.

There's a thread about it somewhere here, but I forget which.  Probably one of the status update threads.  Either way, a simple search should drag it up.

Kyle Rodgers

The 737 and 777 can't cast shadows as of now - there is a white box modelled around the virtual cockpit (copyright most likely) which would block the shadows.

there is a white box modelled around the virtual cockpit (copyright most likely)

haha...epic conspiracy theory, but it's there to block the beacon/strobes/etc from flashing against the surfaces of the VC.

Kyle Rodgers

and back on topic I seem to have done a medium range flight...after suffering an OOM on approach to EGCC with UK 2000 Airports and full photoscenery.....no OOM after I just created a new FSX.CFG increased performance too...(placebo maybe???) there loads of settings we throw in the FSX.CFG and not know what they really do...I let FSX choose the settings and added a few tweaks.....Reduced my OC a bit all seems well thus far :)... I was thinking of chnaging to DX10 if the OOM persisted...but im ok for now!!!!

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.