Sign in to follow this  
AKStirling

Up and running in P3Dv2.1

First of all my thanks to Ben for his assistance with the install. I intend to take things slow and easy selecting an airport and tooling around it getting to know my co-pilot and my choice of plane ... MCE seems to be expecting me to use a flightplan ... i am getting a 'nag-box' on screen about the prog not being able to 'find the active flight plan path' ... it eventually goes away but any way to disable this as i have no plans(pardon the pun) to graduate to flightplans just yet.  On startup i am also getting a box telling me 'failed to locate Voxkey commands profile' ... is this something i should be concerned about??

Alan

On startup i am also getting a box telling me 'failed to locate Voxkey commands profile' ... is this something i should be concerned about??

A Voxkey profile contains info about custom voice commands you have created (it's unlikely you did so at this stage) that will tie a specific voice command to a specific keyboard combination.

It isn't required for interaction with FO. It just adds extra possibilities.

The next official release 2.5.9.4 expected this Friday, will correct that glitch with Voxkey when used under P3D V2.

As for an option to ignore flight plans, consider it done.

I am still getting the voxkey error with 2594 with P3dv21. All is well in FSX though.

Go to \Multi Crew Experience\Support\ folder and copy "Prepar3D demo.vkp" profile

Paste it to \My Documents\Voxkey\Profiles\ folder and that should do it. It's the wizard that's apparently not automatically copying the file over.

Hi ...

i notice version 2.5.9.4 is now available ... having done the supervised install of 9.3 in P3Dv2.1with Ben any special requirements i need to know about to update???

Hi ...

i notice version 2.5.9.4 is now available ... having done the supervised install of 9.3 in P3Dv2.1with Ben any special requirements i need to know about to update???

You probably can skip over the update.

Download this file. Unzip and replace "mce.exe" in installation folder

http://www.multicrewxp.com/mce25941.zip

have installed 941 exe and i am still being nagged for a flight plan ...

I suggest you download the full package then.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/mce.zip

Unlike with FSX and FS9 where MCE can automatically detect currently loaded flight plan, under P3D you will get a prompt to confirm it every time you close a P3D dialog box.

Assuming you installed package above, if those prompts annoy you, go to "mce.ini" and look under [ATC] section.

Make sure you add this line

[ATC]

IgnoreFlightPlan=1

Save the file. There should be no prompt.

ATC will work just fine though.

have installed 941 exe and i am still being nagged for a flight plan ...

Pleased to say, starting from the latest version (2.6.0.2), no more intruding dialog boxes requesting path to flight plan.

There is a better implementation.

When MCE detects a flight plan is active, there are 2 ways you can let it find out which one it is.

Either go to the MCE UI and click <Get Flight Plan> to provide the path

OR

Tell co-pilot "destination airport is ICAO_ID" (example "Destination airport is Echo Golf Lima LIma"), then co-pilot will sift through all available flight plans in \My Documents\ folder and find a suitable one, based on your current airport location and destination.

If your flight plans are located outside the \My Documents\ folder, you will need to add the following option to [ATC] section in "mce.ini"

[ATC]

FlightPlansPath=Type_the_path_to_your_flight_plans_location

Regarding P3D V2...

As you have noticed, the ugly ATC window appears to be drawing many times at different locations before settling for its assigned location. Not an issue for those not using Native ATC, but is quite annoying for those who do.

There is a new experimental option, that will help minimize ATC window flashing.

Go to \Prepar3 V2\ folder and open "fsInsider.ini"

Make sure you add...

[Prepar3D]

ReduceAtcFlicker=1