Sign in to follow this  
MM

Round the World Race -- Team AVSIM practice session 1-2...

Hi everyone,We're now conducting an informal practice session, batons and all, for the Team AVSIM entry to the Round the World Race. As you may know, AVSIM has won the race for the past two years--and we hope to be competitive again this year. One of our secrets to success is the terrific membership here at the AVSIM forum. So you are part of this race whatever you do.The Race is set for February 20th. Team AVSIM will compete with FlightSim.com and Sim Outhouse. We have plenty of time to get sharp--and from first efforts, we are going to need the time. The current session is to get everyone (re)acquainted with the special procedures designed for the RTWR. And to practice flying in real time and real weather.So everyone is welcome. Old grizzled veterans. And especially newcomers--those who wanted to but could not fly last year are warmly invited to get into the fun now. Last year was a blast, and we expect that this year will be just as much fun. Please feel very welcome to come on over and join us at the AVSIM Race forum. (http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=227 )Best wishes,Mike MacKuen

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Time to bump it up a bit.Last year people were queueing up but some were afraid to fly because they wanted practice first.This is your chance people!

bumpety bump. Calling all pilots who have guts and a fast aircraft to take part.

Why fast ?? It was all I could do to handle my old C206 in the dark last night . I was going to fly my C310 -- but something happened to the landing lights -- no workee , that is. I have never flown her at night so it just goes to show that these practice sessions do some good!!Barry

You need to manually deploy the landing lights on the C310 after turning them on, the switch is a threeway toggle ;)

Guest deKoven

Here's what I know; I met some of the Sim Outhouse people flying practice Saturday. They looked/sounded pretty serious about it, ya know! :D

Hey deke. Please join us. We surely need the help!Drop by the [A HREF=http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=227]AVSIM Race Forum[/A] and take a leg. I think the baton is free at the moment so you would be a welcome addition.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

>You need to manually deploy the landing lights on the C310>after turning them on, the switch is a threeway toggle ;)Yes - I know, but something happened last night and I found that I had no lights in the C310. Lights in other a/c worked fine - but I have discovered today that the FSSkyworld programme changes the landing lights in the Sim and it somehow didn't like the 310. Replacing the default landing spotlight and all is back to normal againNow , if I could just solve my Bushnet connection problem as easily!!!Barry

Baton is on the way go Guatemala. About half an hour out.

Guest KChapman

C'mon, deKoven... We BFU guys gotta stick together. I plan to fly this year (for Avsim, of course). Go Home Team!:-)Kevin

And EFC as well ;)As long as Simflight doesn't have a team Avsim it is (and when they do it'll be one tough choice).