Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

HELP: why do B737 default planes don't show new re-pai...

I need some help here. I downloaded some nice re-paints for FS2004 default B737-400, but none of the re-paints show up. Instead, FS2004 shows the Microsoft airlines (pacifica, american pacifica, etc.). I added re-paints for B777 and B747 and they all show up without issue! What am I doing wrong here? Part of my B737 aircraft.cfg is shown below. I appreciate any help from this forum:[fltsim.0]title=Boeing 737-400sim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=deltakb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=N700MSatc_airline=Deltaatc_flight_number=1123ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-400ui_variation=Delta[fltsim.1]title=Boeing 737-400 Paint1sim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=americankb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=N700MSatc_airline=Americanatc_flight_number=1123ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-400ui_variation=American[fltsim.2]title=Boeing 737-400 Paint2sim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=delta2kb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=N302WAatc_airline=Deltaatc_flight_number=1123ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-400ui_variation=Delta AirlinesI have five entries, [fltsim.0 to fltsim.4], just like Microsoft default. The texture folders are named to match the entries above. For example, "texture.delta" and "texture.american"thanks,David

Guest RonB49

Hi David. You say,"I have five entries, , just like Microsoft default. The texture folders are named to match the entries above. For example, "texture.delta" and "texture.american""Shouldn't the folders be labeled "Texture.1, Texture.2, etc.) to match the paint1, paint2 entries? That's the way it workd for the defaults. R-

Correction: OK, I do see the B737 re-paints. I guess I was confusing the MD-80's that still show up in FS9 with Microsoft airlines! :-grr How do you get rid of the MD-80's or add re-paints to these planes?David

Guest firehawk44

Hi David,You need to change the Title line too. It appears you are using the same title line as for the default aircraft. For instance:Title: Boeing 737-400 Delta; Title: Boeing 737-400 American; etc.Jim

Hi,The MD80 is in a folder called md83, as I remember. You change the entries the exact same way. Keep in mind that the MD-80 is an AI-only aircraft, and therefore won't show up in the Select Aircraft menu,unless you edit the AIR file or download one of the addons that makes it flyable.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

>Hi David,>You need to change the Title line too. It appears you are>using the same title line as for the default aircraft. For>instance:>Title: Boeing 737-400 Delta; Title: Boeing 737-400 American;>etc.>>JimIf you do this I believe you will break your AI traffic, unless you also edit that to show the new titles. But, you might want to edit your traffic anyway.scott s..

I want to thank all of you for replying. I confused the 737 with the MD-83 (how embarrassing). I also forgot that there is an MD-83 folder in FS9. When I get the chance, I will add new re-paints to the MD-83 and to the default dash8-100.Even though I own My Traffic 2004, my FS9 experience degrades when using it, i.e. FPS goes down and FS9 stutters more than usual. So, I plan to use the default AI with real-world paints. Someday, when I can afford it, I will upgrade my CPU or video card.Cheers!David

I want to thank all of you for replying. I confused the 737 with the MD-83 (how embarrassing). I also forgot that there is an MD-83 folder in FS9. When I get the chance, I will add new re-paints to the MD-83 and to the default dash8-100.Even though I own My Traffic 2004, my FS9 experience degrades when using it, i.e. FPS goes down and FS9 stutters more than usual. So, I plan to use the default AI with real-world paints. Someday, when I can afford it, I will upgrade my CPU or video card.Cheers!David