Sign in to follow this  
flyinion

Realair Turbine Duke "original" or is there a V2 coming for it too?

grabbing the Lancair Legacy in the meantime since it was on sale for like 1/2 off

It is a great airplane. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Go beta test Ant's excellent T-28A for free.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?85695-T28A-Trojan-donationware-public-beta-test

His T-28B/C and D models are fantastic, fairly cheap and are certainly at or near the RealAir/Milviz level of quality.  You can try the demo models too.  The Trojans have some accusim-like features and are fun to fly.  Great for old school VOR/NDB navigation and sight seeing.

Cheers

TJ

To be honest, I don't think the turbine V2 will be out just yet. It wasn't long ago that the B60 V2 was released. And it was during the B60 V2 discussions here on Avsim, that the interest was shown in the turbine, and RealAir decided to take the plunge and update the turbine.

I may be wrong, but that was the way I interpreted events.

You made an excellent choice.  The Legacy does great at low altitude.  The turbine duke (which is an awesome plane btw), wants to go high and get there very quickly....Of course you can cruise lower, but that's not what that plane is meant for.  The legacy is great for going fast too.  And the canopy lends itself better to sightseeing than the dukes with their two engines.

But when you're ready to buy your next plane....go for the Duke B60 V2  :-)