Sign in to follow this  
Andythefridge

PA46-350P problems RXP, DME, ADF,...

Hi guys,

just bought another beautiful Carenado Aircraft, and the Carenado Team never fails to amaze me.

How can a Team of obviously talented designers come up with such a nice Airframe, Lighting and Animations, but always disappoint when it comes to avionics? 

I mean really Carenado? TWO Transponders, but no DME? Are you f*$%ing kidding me?

Then as usual I only get the darn moving card ADF - I expected as much, but the ADF is not working at all. I get the clickspots, but can't change frequencies...

Last but not least: RXP.

I have only the RXP430, and I was initially pleased that Carenado had .exe's prepared that allow the installation of every rxp combination possible.

But now I only have 1 COM/NAV Frequency. Both GPS, the "Carenado"/default GNS530 and the RXP430 both tune the same (NAV1/COM1) Radio! 

While the PA46 was not overly expensive, I would have expected full IFR capability - as I have in the reallife Mirage.

I have only the RXP430, and I was initially pleased that Carenado had .exe's prepared that allow the installation of every rxp combination possible.

But now I only have 1 COM/NAV Frequency. Both GPS, the "Carenado"/default GNS530 and the RXP430 both tune the same (NAV1/COM1) Radio!

The Carenado utility takes care of panel insertion, but you'll want to deal with configuration of your 430 yourself.  You can use either the RXP utility or manually edit the rxp.ini config file.  Not at my sim computer right now, but I believe the two changes you'll need for your 430 are Radios=2 (which should set you up as Nav2/Com2) and LinkVOR=2 (which should point you towards the second nav head).  The default 530 will still be Nav1/Com1.

The fiddly settings on the frequency clickspots for setting beacon frequency exist on every Carenado plane I have, and yep it's annoying.  They do work, but you have to catch them just right.

I've posted on the DME issue before.  I like having one as well in this kind of setup, but at this point in time, IRL with dual IFR certified GPS's, it's unlikely many would retain a separate DME.  It's redundant and not required, as the GPS units are approved to serve in lieu of a DME, even for approaches specified as "DME required".

Hope that helps,

Scott

Old thread, I know, but one thing you could do is replace one of the transponders in the panel with a DME from another airplane.  I did that on the A36.  I got it out of the ol' C182Q.  Tedious but not hard.

I don't think distance works on their 430 by the way.  Not sure if it does or not on their version of the 530.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

One other bug I'll throw out there...

The wheel on the IAS indicator appears to be all wrong.  If you set the temp and altitude the TAS is not even close.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM