Sign in to follow this  
Yuji Y

Any news about PMDG aircrafts for P3Dv2x?

Now i fly similars scenarios in Prepar3d where my 2 GPU run at 100% while my CPU 4 cores are on average at 25%.

Interesting.   With AM=62 on my hexacore rig I get predictably high 90's to 100% on Core1, and fluctuating w/ texture loading on Core2-Core5 I get between 20 and 70%, and Core0 10-15% for OS.  I assumed this was the typical profile but not so for you.  What AM do you use?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Sorry, I didn't post my comments to start a P3D review thread haha.

I guess we all have our opinions, I will just say this to everyone though:

Before drawing any conclusions, make an apples to apples comparison. 

Dont compare a heavily tweaked, full of addons FSX to a standard P3D installation. 

Realize that most aircraft and scenery are not compatible with P3D yet.

Realize that almost all slider settings do not mean the same at all, as in Autogen max in P3DV2 is way more autogen than in SFX, etc. 

when you compare the two platforms, do a neutral and evenly balanced test for your self and draw your own conclusions. 

And again, I did not say PMDG will not run wel because of CPU limitations, as those are the same in FSX. I said they will have problems with VAS usage. 

Lastly, if your core 1 is sitting at 25%, it just means you don't have many add ons and that your sliders are not maxed out. If you were sitting in a heavy add-on plane in a heavily detailed airport with REX clouds and AS next with multiple layers, I can guarantee you that your core 1 will be very much the limiting factor.

Agreed, just what I was saying is when I compare FSX scenario I run whit P3D with similar or better feature (slider slightly lower to account for more autogen, volumetric cloud on), i note a lower cpu usage and higher gpu usage with p3d. So for me that is a good indication LM delivered something with optimized hardware management. 

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Interesting.   With AM=62 on my hexacore rig I get predictably high 90's to 100% on Core1, and fluctuating w/ texture loading on Core2-Core5 I get between 20 and 70%, and Core0 10-15% for OS.  I assumed this was the typical profile but not so for you.  What AM do you use?

On my first install, I was using AM-=62. I reinstalled on a new SSD without any AM tweak. Core0 in fact is like your 10-15 % for OS. 

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...