Sign in to follow this  
Not_Boeing_Not_Going

X-PLANE 10 RECOMMENDED HARDWARE

Hello, i want to build a new system that can run X-Plane 10 at maximum settings with high FPS with complex add-ons such as B727, B757, B777, B737. Please share your hardware and FPS you get. Any tips are appreciated. Note: I can wait for 1 or 2 years from now if the current hardware cannot handle X-plane 10 at max settings. thanks !

Patience grasshopper.  I believe some of us answered in your other thread in the XP forums...

Basically if money allows, the best thing you can buy would be a current Haswell CPU (45xx/46xx/47xx - make sure it's a K as in 4770K meaning unlocked multiplier for simple overclocking).  For XP I'd even consider one of those -E CPU's (like the previous ivy bridge i7 3930K 6 cores).  But really I'd just go for a i5 4670K or i7 4770K if you want good bang for the buck

Motherboard....  not really my department I've not kept up with them.  Any Z87 LGA1150 board will be ok.  You'll need a LGA2011 socket if you choose one of those E series like the 3930K.

Video card... I've been an nvidia fan for FSX, but XP seems to like both vendors...  I'd still recommend a GTX770 4GB variant... EVGA is a good brand but more expensive than gigabyte for example.  The video ram is much more important in XP than it was in FSX.  If you plan on running all that HDR with tons of addons, and high autogen scenery etc you'll need the extra VRAM over a 2GB card.

RAM - again with the 64bit nature of XP the sky is really the limit.  If I were building today I'd go 16GB - I usually multitask Photoshop etc while running my games so swapping between tasks should be easier.  And at 16GB you're plenty good for XP.  As always, the lower timings are better (timings like 9-9-9-24 example)

Get a quality brand power supply... don't forget this is basically the MOST IMPORTANT PART of your build.  Something like Seasonic, Corsair etc....  750w will be plenty.

I'd also recommend a SSD - I run XP10 on an "old" 7200rpm HDD - loading takes some time - around 3 minutes on a fresh boot into Windows.  I plan on getting a 500/512 Samsung Evo or 840 Pro shortly.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |