Sign in to follow this  
sumnr5@yahoo.com

No Info Within the HUD

Hi all:  This may sound familiar, except when I lower my HUD, I can still click anywhere within my VC, and all switches work,  When the HUD lowers, you can see the entire unit and the unit also displays the light amber color within the framework.  What does  not display is the digital info, such as ground speed, runway alighnment, and so forth.  I run EzDoc, so I moved the camera views all around, and in and out.  I even put myself on an active runway with a flight plan loaded into the FMC.  Engines are running, all lights are on.  What am I missing.  I have had no problems before today.  Thanks  S. Sumner

Steve Sumner

Is the CLR button lit up on the HUD controller?

This is a common question.  A simple forum search would have given you several possibilities.  Additionally, there's a knowledge article on it over at support.precisionmanuals.com that would assist you in rebuilding the XML file that may have been corrupted if you've ruled out other options.

Kyle Rodgers

Not sure where CLR light is located, but looked all around the HUD and did not see any light. I did find the control button for the HUD. It is set to auto and brightness is all the way up.  Will do a forum search as well.  Thanks

Steve Sumner

Not sure where CLR light is located,

...on the HUD control panel, which is on the pedestal.  It's a button immediately below the HUD control panel screen on the left (there are three there) that says "CLR."  I think one of the tutorials goes over that panel in a decent amount of depth.

Kyle Rodgers

do i jut drop the file into my main FSX folder?

Follow the instructions as outlined over at Support.Precisionmanuals.com

Kyle Rodgers

Here is the latest.  Still waiting to hear from PMDG.  They are looking at my XML file.  I must have a different style panel, because there is no HUD controls anywhere on the pedestal.  Meanwhile, I did a re-install, actually, a repair install.  No improvement. 

Steve Sumner

There is a option in the fmc  I think to have  the hud installed or  not 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I must have a different style panel, because there is no HUD controls anywhere on the pedestal. 

That is... very strange to say the least. You have combiner, you gotta have control panel as well... they are both parts of a single setting.