Sign in to follow this  
oldave1

Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel Cannot Get To Operate FSX

I hope this is the correct forum for Hardware Problems...

If not please direct me as to where I should post this...

* I have had the Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel for over a year now and have "Never" been able to get it to work at all in FSX...!!!
I have "Calibrated" and "Re-Calibrated" and unchecked any other settings that would affect the trim wheel in the FSX settings options...???

I asked on a post on another site, but nothing seemed to work...I can`t remember what was suggested, but I guarantee I tried every suggestion given...!!!

I have had the trim wheel put away in a drawer because it ticks me right off when I see a $65 part of my Saitek Flight Sim Set-Up totally useless...!!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thankyou...

oldave...

The only problem I had with it was getting it to register in FSX as a Control. You need to spin it many times before FSX sees it. But after that, it works just fine. I'm guessing you got past that point since you say you can Calibrate it. 

Which aircraft have you tried it on ? Reason I ask is that I know I have one on which it doesn't work, and another where its action is reversed.

I would go along with DickB on this. it can be awhile whilst spinning it to be recognised, first port of call is it working in the Pro Flight Cessna Trim Wheel control panel (on task bar)

Is being recognised in the fsx controls, if so just check to see there are no other axis set under  the trim wheel.

Try a reinstall of the Saitek software, if that doesn't work you could try 'SPAD' alternative  drivers (Saitek Panels Advanced Drivers)

bob 

FWIW, I could only get mine to work by using the Saitek driver, then it was a two minute job (literally) to get if up and runnig

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hi there. This can be a bit tricky and lots of people give up on this but it is really good once it is working. Are you using Windows 7? If so, plug it in, go to control panel, Hardware and sound, Devices and Printers. It should be shown in this section. Right click it and go to game controllers settings: highlight the trim wheel and click properties. You should then be able to see that the wheel is being "seen" and be able to test the movement..

If this is not happening, there is something wrong with the hardware.

If it is working, there is a problem with the way it is set up in FSX. I use FSUIPC for all my axis. 

I hope this is the correct forum for Hardware Problems...

If not please direct me as to where I should post this...

* I have had the Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel for over a year now and have "Never" been able to get it to work at all in FSX...!!!

I have "Calibrated" and "Re-Calibrated" and unchecked any other settings that would affect the trim wheel in the FSX settings options...???

I asked on a post on another site, but nothing seemed to work...I can`t remember what was suggested, but I guarantee I tried every suggestion given...!!!

I have had the trim wheel put away in a drawer because it ticks me right off when I see a $65 part of my Saitek Flight Sim Set-Up totally useless...!!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thankyou...

oldave...

Hey bud.

I had the same problem initially, until I used FSUIPC to calibrate it.

It was way too sensitive and not smooth at all. A registered copy of FSUIPC lets you calibrate any joystick axis and assign it - in this case - to the elevator trim.

For some reason the trim wheel cannot be calibrated in the same way as the X52 for example, as it doesn't have dedicated SST software, unless it is attached to the Saitek Yoke system via USB - apparently !

So, FSUIPC is a must for some users. When I tried to calibrate it using Games / Tools / Input devices ... it was all over the place and wouldn't even let me "Apply" and click "OK" at the end of it.

As a result, I ended up putting sensitivity to max, and deadzone to zero, in the in-sim settings, and then calibrating fully inside FSUIPC, pulled down from the Addons tab in-sim.

Hope that helps.

Thanks guys...I have just recently been successful in getting it to work with your suggestions...

Thanks again as this was a real mystery to me...