Sign in to follow this  
Shado

Copy winds from AS2012 to FMC

Hello all,

I am not sure if this is the correct spot for this. But I read the .pdf on how to take the winds from AS2012 and set it so that the FMC can use them

I tried it, but I can't save or copy the highlighted information.

I highlight the area needed, but when I right click to copy, nothing. It does not give me that option.

Is this an AS2012 problem or computer.

I love this plane and is really cool to fly, still trying things out, but very enjoyable.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Im currently running AS2012 with SP3 Beta, i have no problems what so ever with importing the winds, for anybody who wishes to update or is using AS2012 SP3 beta, this is what i do. the first bit is for what i do and may not be relevent to some. So i create my flightplan in EFB, and save it into my PMDG flighplans folder, and also as a standard FSX.pln.

1: i load the flighplan into AS2012 (you should be aware how to do that using the standard .pln file)

2: run FSX from AS2012

3: start flight as normal, loading the same flight in PMDG format into the FMC.

thats it, after i have done my FMC setup the winds are automatically in there.

(providing you have clicked RTE DATA>WIND DATA REQUEST) click the LSK key next to the W and you will see the winds for that waypoint.

Jason Dilley

ASN does this all automatically btw guys. (and yes, I personally think it's worth the upgrade and it's not just because of that feature)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

ASN does this all automatically btw guys. (and yes, I personally think it's worth the upgrade and it's not just because of that feature)

I actually copied my reply to many posts that have asked the same thing, and have since upgraded to ASN, couldn't agree with you more about the upgrade, quick question, when you say does it all automatically, do you mean you don't have to load a flight plan into ASN, for it to work now?

Jason Dilley

do you mean you don't have to load a flight plan into ASN, for it to work now?

You'll need to upload a flight plan, but you don't need to manually create the .WX file like you did in the past.

If you didn't upload a flight plan into ASN, how would it know which wind points to hand you?  There are waaaaaaaaaay too many in the world to just dump them all into the FMS.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks guys, I will try and see what works for me, maybe ASN would be a good idea.

Thanks for all the help

FSGRW will also automatically post the WX file to the PMDG folder.

Can be run in a demo mode for those wishing to try.