Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Icon 22

Help with script file

I am making various script files with music (wav) files in them. I am finding that my copilot will not do.other chores while the music is playing. Is there a way to stop the sound file before it finishes with a command. I use "music" to launch the script.

Thank you in advance.

Gary, CIMEL, retired FAA Controller & all around good guy!
Faa.gif

I am making various script files with music (wav) files in them. I am finding that my copilot will not do.other chores while the music is playing. Is there a way to stop the sound file before it finishes with a command. I use "music" to launch the script.

Thank you in advance.

Yes there is a direct script command "stop sounds", which will stop all playing sounds. (check you are on the latest MCE version).

I always place music .wav files at the end of each script to prevent interference, since I always use verbose in the scripts anyway.

MCE is multitasking, I would think other script tasks would be executed in parallel. But Gerald will know about this.

Regards

David

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try tonight!

Faa.gif

MCE is multitasking, I would think other script tasks would be executed in parallel. But Gerald will know about this.

Regards

David

One thing he can do is call another script from one of his main FO scripts.  So Icon22 could make a script called "Play the Cabin Music" which can just as well be a script for the Purser, and which need only contain one single command-

Sound = Somestupidcabinmusic.wav

Then within the main FO preflight script, it would be

push this button

pause = 1

push that button

pause =1

Play the Cabin music

push another button

push more buttons

I've tried a similar thing in order to start cabin announcements from the flight attendant by calling an FA script from within the FO script, and they definitely run in parallel.  The .wav file will start to play and the FO will move on to his subsequent commands, apparently having completed his task of spawning the Play the Cabin music script.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try tonight!

Let us know how you get on.

As the .wav file (pursergettingyouacoffee) is running (playing) you can issue commands to the F/O, from within the script. I used this during the pre flight on the J41. As the purser/myself are talking the F/O is continuing with her flow.

Cheers

David

Hi,

I did try your script to the letter with no results. Good news is you were correct but you had the wrong syntax. I made a script called "stop music." Then when you add a command in the script I pressed mute the script engine automatically added the command "sound=stop" I'm not by my computer so I'm adding the command from memory. The good news is it works.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to best use KingGhidorha's (sp) ideas. It's really fun to see how unique of a script you can come up with.

Faa.gif

Just to clarify " Sound=stop " is the correct syntax.

Faa.gif

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

50%
    $12,660.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now