Sign in to follow this  
N1G

64 bit vs 32 bit

I cannot explain why, on my system, the 32 bit version runs so much better. When I say better, I mean no stuttering, greater FPS, better AA. This is true with HDR on and off. I cannot explain it.

Latest Nvidia drivers, Win7 64 bit, 760 graphics card w 4gig.  I have no association with the Inspector on either of the 2 exe files. I have tried injecting NI, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Regards

Bob

Do you have any 64 bits specific plug ins installed? If so look for that and or update the plug ins as necessary, it may help.

Good luck,

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Alexander Colka

Do you have any 64 bits specific plug ins installed? If so look for that and or update the plug ins as necessary, it may help.

Good luck,

Hi Alex,

When you say specific plugins, I would assume this would be addons, so my saitek panels would most likely be the only plugin I have. Not sure if they are 64bit compatible or not.

Bob

Sorry don't know if Saitek panels could be the problem, but just saying about plug ins because for example with Gizmo 64 I used to have severe memory leaks in 64 bits mode and all the horrors you may think happened to me. Now with updated Gizmo 64 those problems are almost gone.

Alexander Colka

Sorry don't know if Saitek panels could be the problem, but just saying about plug ins because for example with Gizmo 64 I used to have severe memory leaks in 64 bits mode and all the horrors you may think happened to me. Now with updated Gizmo 64 those problems are almost gone.

Hmm, I think Gizmo is a programming interface or something, so not sure why one might use this unless it is in support of something requiring it. Not sure though.

Bob

Gizmo is used in almost all X-Aviation add ons.  It allows developers to code aircraft systems in LUA rather than using the standard X-Plane C/C++ SDK

You may be aware, but I have seen several things about, and I have found it to be true, Saitek controllers being picky about USB 3.0.  They work, but cause lots of strange problems if you don't use 2.0.

Don't know about the panels as I don't have any of them.

John

John Wingold